Schizophrenia.com

Anyone here tried a technique called image streaming and got results from it?

It’s supposed to increase creativity, verbal fluency, and IQ. I don’t know if people with sz can benefit from it that’s why I’m asking here.

It involves verbalizing whatever is in your head as fast as possible to another person or a tape recorder. The descriptions have to be sensory (all 5 senses) and very detailed.

It is very mentally exhausting and I wasn’t able to stick to it long enough to see results. I’m wondering if anyone here has and what kind of results you got from it.

http://www.winwenger.com/imstream.htm

I started trying image streaming probably two decades ago. Some of the results I got amazed me and changed my world view in some ways, I think. I didn’t keep it up for very long time periods, though.

I’m not sure, but I think that there may be dangers, also. I was image-streaming a little bit before my psychotic episode. Also, in college, I told one of my teachers about image-streaming. I didn’t see him during the next quarter, as I recall. Later, another professor indicated that honestly, that professor disappeared because ‘he went nuts.’

To be honest, I still do something that is a little like image-streaming every once in a while. I did something like it a few minutes ago, and ended up following the direction of thought to find an interesting job posting on indeed.com.

Also, once here, someone asked for advice on getting to sleep. I sent this private message, because I didn’t want to send a bunch of people down a possibly dangerous path of image-streaming:

Wasn’t one of Einstein’s sons diagnosed with schizophrenia?

"At age 20 he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and two years later was committed to an asylum for the first of several times throughout the remainder of his life."

I wonder if he did some deep-thought experimentation. I would imagine so.