Schizophrenia.com

Anyone have an Alter Ego?

I would really like to know your thoughts on this. I have had many voices but one major one, though he might sound a little different now. He has been as mean as dirt to me because I do not match him in suaveness and talent and whatever good quality you can think of. Maybe I was supposed to be him and took a divergent road. I knew him as a child. He was my god for awhile. He seems so real! Am I lost in an imaginary world?

1 Like

That sounds like an alter personality, as in Dissociative Identity Disorder, also known as Multiple Personality Disorder.

I have those too. Sometimes they take over the body and I lose time, getting a memory gap.

-Albert.

1 Like

I have been in touch with another world my whole life, an imaginary world peopled with alter egos. I had glimpses of it my whole life. I don’t know what to believe. I just know the alter ego is dependent on this world. I ask myself the question, what is its body? And even though I know it doesn’t have one I still believe. It is so real, autonomous, I can’t explain it away.

Yeah my other one is hilarious, my normal one is very authentic or something