Anyone ever repeat a year at college because of schizophrenia/ cognitive / social stress etc?

I’ve had so many problems over the years going into hospital after just one year study from the stress…
I want to return to college, Years later after marriage and lots of stability, But it’s scaring the carp out of me
I’m thinking of asking whether I can be assessed at the end of repeating the first year,
Which im about the start of the first time

1 Like

I only got sz after my first degree. I did get a second degree post-sz but I only studied part-time via distance learning.

2 Likes

Yeah this is a part-time college course but I’ve done similar before and not been up to it cognitively
By the end of the year was writing essays that made no sense
Things used come easily to me at school I wasn’t a straight A student but I wasn’t bad
started being schizophrenic age 17

1 Like

I hope you can do it! I would try to keep stress as low as possible. Frankly that’s the only thing you can do.

1 Like

I hope the leader of the school can understand that I want to do the first year twice, Never been consistent enough to do anything like that before…doubt i Can do the third year twice as well
And the second year twice to be honest… It would be nice to be consistent with something
Instead of jumping around all over the place
cooking healthy food is my no 1 enduring interest over 30 years

1 Like

I just also don’t want to come across like a freak, or be scary to the teacher before i even start
i’d love to be a chef but if i can hardly study maybe i’ll just be a well educated house wife

1 Like

Repeating years would help me just to let it all go… All the fear, all the stress, all the history, all the worry and pressure
Even if the potentiality was there to do it

How long did your part time distance degree take?

1 Like

It was a Bachelor degree and took me 7.5 years to finish.

1 Like

Did you take breaks

1 Like

That’s quite impressive

1 Like

I think 1 year. Besides that I also did some volunteering and attempts at working.

1 Like

I got diagnosed with sz right after my 1st university semester. Luckily never failed a course or redid a year though I deferred exams sometimes using a note from my psychiatrist or from my family Dr when I felt I wasn’t ready for the exam and felt like failing.

1 Like

Yeah I’d like to do something like that this is a degree level course, but it’s three years at college without being BSBA et cetera

1 Like

Yeah, that’s an alternative- taking an extra four months or something
I wonder how that would work taking extra time
I just feel like it would be a bonus to repeat the full year to really consolidate everything

1 Like

What would you say to a first year beginning student who wanted to do the whole 3 yr course twice?
After she’s never succeeded in doing more than one year of anything, because everything ■■■■■ up

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.