Anyone else feel slow?

I went shopping at the huge Supermarket with my Normie brother today, and as usual had a hard time keeping up with him.

He’s mentioned that I’m slow before.
I mean I’m walking slower and my reaction time is slower too.

■■■■.ng meds!
I’m so sick of this sh.t!

It’s reduced me to a zombified sloth!

Anyone else feel slowed down on their meds?

2 Likes

I’m always slow, but I have short legs. I have to double-step to keep up with people all the time. Used to, I just compensated by power walking everywhere all the time like I’m in a rush. Now I kinda lag and bumble around. I don’t know if it’s the medication, negative symptoms, or what, though.

2 Likes

Yeah. I only have one gear now when I do something. In the old days I’d have several gears and could really push myself.

It’s a compromise. I find the meds give me a relatively stable mind. That improves my life but it does come at a bit of a cost. I don’t mind paying that to leave paranoia behind me!

Meanwhile I have to learn that I can’t do what I used to do!

3 Likes

Yeah I have Negative Symptoms too.

Do you also get tired out easily if you have to move quickly? I find I do.

Not so much, but I am somewhat out of shape.

It’s just that everything I do in public is slower especially compared to my brother, who also is heavyweight.

I’m definitely out of shape. I haven’t compared myself with my brother, but I am a lot slower and I feel even dumber compared to my boss now at things I used to be relatively quick with.

1 Like

Yeah, mentally I’m not as quick as I used to be.
My therapist said she doesn’t notice but I think she’s trying to be nice.

I feel kinda retarded now, tbh. I keep making minor mistakes I would have never made before. I keep misinterpreting things. My bf says I keep taking everything he says that could remotely be construed as an attack on me as an attack on me.

1 Like

Yeah I feel “retarded” too :confused:

1 Like

I apologize if that was a bad word to use there! I forget sometimes a lot of people don’t like it.

1 Like

I’m not slow physically and my reactions are ok.

But my concentration especially in the evenings is quite bad. This can give the impression that I’m mentally slow sometimes I guess.

1 Like

I get slowed down when I’m depressed. I don’t think I’m slow from ap’s

1 Like

I’m with the “retarded” crew :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel mentally slow on meds, which is why I went off them in the past. Honestly, sometimes I like the creative, genius feeling I have when I’m psychotic, even if it’s an illusion.

1 Like

when I was on risperidol, I was slow; when I was on amisulpride, I was not slow but easily tired.

1 Like

I hate meds I took medicine that did this to me before I was diagnosed and they thought I was some weird kind of bipolar which if you new me at all is really not it I didn’t have my actual voice in my head and all the others were there which wasn’t good and I started failing my classes because I couldn’t concentrate and I just didn’t care about anything it kinda felt like I was depressed but I didn’t feel anything

1 Like

when I was on perphanzine and clozanpaem it made me slow told the doctor about it and they took me off of them and switched meds.

1 Like

Yea, everyone usually beats me when I’m walking somewhere. I don’t like it. And when I try to run for the bus my sibling just laughs at me.

1 Like

@Wave https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html

Washington%20reaction%20time

1 Like