Anyone else been in an open relationship?

we’re starting to have one now. my husband is asexual

i was poly in my teens and 20’s for 3.5 years

2 Likes

No, I never been in an open relationship. I always had sex with my partners. I’ve been in four relationships now. One of them was just sex.

2 Likes

I had a boyfriend who wanted to be a swinger.

We never met any couples or people as such but we were on a site.

Wishing you happiness in your open relationship.

1 Like

No, I haven’t. 151515151515

1 Like

i’ve met someone really nice
he’s in a live in relationship and has a 12 year old boy

1 Like

I was in an open relationship with my ex husband for about five years. It seemed to work out ok for both of us at the time.

2 Likes

great xx :pray: thank you for this post
it’s a good thing to have at least 5 years of that work
what happened?
although it’s only 5 years which if that happens it’s the beginning of the end
we’ve been together 15 years

How did you meet him?

Congratulations!

1 Like

thank you x overeaters anonymous meetings

1 Like

see above reply please

Nope. I couldn’t handle my husband wanting someone else and I don’t want anyone else so it’s a no go in my marriage

4 Likes

ja i get that
but my husband is like the decaf coffee
had ‘nice sex’ twice in 15 years

1 Like

see above post please

i absolutely get that i meant to renounce all others
i can’t now

1 Like

Well…I proposed it once, right at the start of something new, and it didn’t work for us right away. Both were unhappy about the attention the other person was getting and not really speaking about that openly enough. But there were other reasons it didnt work too, we broke up. It’s totally different than your situation.

Also, I have been asked on a sort of date with someone this week, who is in an open relationship. He’s rather enthusiasticly dating with several people. It’s not something I personally want to get (physically) involved in. I’m too vulnerable. It wouldn’t work. And I really don’t want sex outside of a committed relationship. Everyone should find their own way in this, though.

3 Likes

My gf and i are planning to in near future. But not so much dating others. More like just inviting someone else into the bedroom or having sex with someone else ocassionally. We want to try to keep love out of it with others. But i guess that cant be helped sometimes.

1 Like

I have no interest in Sex in a 22 year relationship.
I’m 44 so I have spent half my life with this man.
I don’t communicate with family as he is my only family.
The last time has definitely been over 5 years. I’m not sure how long its been.

I don’t identify as asexual but I am no longer interested in physical sex. I want to stay monogamous - which I struggle with guilt as my husband is interested. I am still processing after discussing my situation and getting feedback and perspective on my situation.

I am paranoid my partner will leave me for this. But I hope he married me for life. In sickness and in health. For as long as we both shall live.

I think open relationship works for many people who are able to emotionally process it.

3 Likes

No, never. I remember once making a joke with my girlfriend about a threesome, she got so pissed. Another woman though said let’s get married, I will cook for you but I’m asexual so you can date outside our marriage. I refused.

2 Likes

@three

Do you have rules and a plan?

1 Like

Once my best friend convinced me of having a threesome with my gf. Me and that gf were still in a new relationship. I wasn’t comfortable seeing another dick lol so I told him no. Then I told my gf what we wanted to do she got mad and kicked us out both from her house lol Later me and her got back together again though she cried.

2 Likes