Any symbolism in here?

I just painted a very basic image and want to know if anybody here can see the symbolism of it without actual prompting. Please post in comments if you can and what you see. Thanks.

@CoCo @77nick77 @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter @Leaf @PinCushion

1 Like

It looks like it represents happiness and sadness as two facets of the same person

5 Likes

ah thanks @Ninjastar ! That’s essentially it :smile:

5 Likes

I see a turtle come out of his shell and doing a disco dance.

7 Likes

lol @Leaf this is another possible symbolism :laughing:

2 Likes

my perception is religious. sorry!

well feel free to msg me the perception if you dont wanna share it on the forum. I am looking for all ideas…not just mine. Thanks!

doing the hokey pokey whilst juggling! :smile:

2 Likes

Reminds me of the story “The Emperors New Clothes.” when he was parading not realizing he was naked.

3 Likes

I think it is a picture of a light being completely covered all around by darkness. To be that you have to let the light in.
You seem to be batting away or throwing two lights like projectiles. Which is all our case. It may seem like stories but it is all true. Simple and yet profound.

1 Like

Very nice @gobeyond! yes, the being surrounded by darkness but itself a being of light was a shift I put in purposely after I started drawing. Initially, it was a black stick figure on a white background(as with most drawing apps) but I thought flipping that would be more significant! :smile:

Is there a symbolism you had in mind when you painted the picture? Or do you think it is subconsciously something from deep inside? Are you just looking for insight into yourself? That is how it is told by the only master I know. Pretty simple picture but it brought to mind man’s condition here on earth…

@gobeyond I saw one of those positive/negative images on the net today(two vases or wineglass) and sort of got inspired to create a similar one based on how I am a container for changing levels of fear and love. I think all humans fit this template, not just sz. Fear and love didnt work for the image i was drawing so I changed it to happy/sad. The eyes were initially drawn as knives, one hand being attacked by one, the other being defended. But that made the happy face look evil, not happy, so i simplified it. I also wanted to show a running stick figure instead of standing to imply motion; that we are all beings of change. Also, how we move through a world of darkness and sometimes find love, sometimes fear…that darkness is the same but each person’s interpretation of the discovery will have different and even opposing meanings to them.

1 Like

I didn’t see it. I was too weirded-out by the alien/human/turtle figure flailing in the darkness…
No offense! :blush:

2 Likes

hey at least you saw a figure flailing in darkness! The flailing is important. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for getting the humor in what I wrote. :heart:

1 Like

I see someone juggling different aspects of life

1 Like

There is absolute truth. It is not usually what we expect it to be. It often confuses the wise. We usually do things with a purpose.
Poets Have an idea of what they are trying to say and often say it well.
Even painters have to confuse the issue before they come out with something different. I admit it was just an excuse to witness. How do you PM somebody here? @Vasu_Devan1

Sooo creative! I love reading these thoughtful responses! I see a sea turtle juggling!

1 Like

I see a turtle trying to get her eggs to hatch.

2 Likes