Any new medicines in the pipeline for obsessive thoughts?

Hi so I’ve been taking Setraline (zoloft) for my obsessive thinking. I wanted to know if there is any new medicine in the pipeline for my kind of condition? I’ve tried most of the ssi meds incidently. Thanks!

1 Like

Lamictal really helped me…I believe OCD is connected to anxiety and depression in some way…but I’m definitely not a doctor!

I’ve dealt with severe intrusive thoughts before, and atypical antipsychotics made it worse. What helped was Lamictal, and being manic.

So if you have mood cycling. You’re gonna wanna try a mood stabilizer. Sometimes antidepressants can worsen mania ttyd.

…also GABA and L-theanine from quality vendors, I feel really help with ocd.

Most importantly, CBT, meaning talking to a licensed proffessional.

To untie OCD, you have to stop thinking about it logically. Just set a goal (touch door handles without washing hands etc) and give it a good try.

I believe I have OCD…even since childhood, as well as depression and anxiety…but I haven’t been diagnosed.

My advice…

Be calm, let your anxieties drift away…don’t force it.

Let the therapist help you stick to goals, like going out and socializing more.

Getting in situations where you feel anxiety, and not dealing with that through rituals…compulsions…etc.

Let intrusive thoughts come and go. In and out, accept the anxiety, let it float away and drift through.

1 Like