Antipsychotics for life

How much do you weigh?

200lbs

f1515151515

So yore gonna try for 50mg. That would be nice eh? I have no symptoms I just want less invega. I can stand it

1 Like

Yep I’m trying for 50 mg. It might not be enough to control the symptoms, but that’s fine with me I’ll keep going down until I’m tapered off and go on something else that is less damaging to the heart maybe seroquil

I will probably get delusional or have psychotic symptoms. If I go too low. But im gonna ask for 75. Thanks alot

1 Like

I was on Invega Sustenna for a little over 1 year. It definitely helped, but I had to switch because of side effects.

I assume and expect that I will be on AP’s for the rest of my life. Maybe around age 60, if I’ve been very stable for a long time, I could try coming off of AP’s. But IDK. I’ll find out when I get to that point.

2 Likes

My experience with psych meds is if you go off or go too low you will become worse than you ever have been. This has happened to me three or four times, I get better and function for a while but then symptoms return. Maybe I should be on a PRN, like haldol, that usually puts me back in the right frame of mind after one dose.

2 Likes

I had had a bad experience on Seroquel when I was a lot younger. It tightened the inner muscles of my shoulders. I felt like I was walking around with my shoulders by my ears. I also overdosed on I. When they gave me too much in the hospital. That was awful. I actually think that this doctor hated me and gave me a really high dose on purpose. I was sick. It’s a psychotic memory now but I reacted badly to Seroquel. Just some info

Thanks for the info. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, but I think I’ve let invega do all the harm it’s going to do.

I take more meds than most of you but much less than I used in the past. But the meds keeps me stable positive symptom wise. I don’t know if the meds are the course of some of my cognitive and negative symptoms. I suspect that it’s the illness that causes those symptoms. Side effects wise I have non because I take some anticolineric pills.

I want to take the meds at the dose I use now for the rest of my life.

I’m walking to the health clinic in 7 hours to receive my depot that I receive every 3 week.

I agree with @Blossom that around age 60 is a good age to start experimenting with AP dose lowering with your doctor. I’m around that age and thats what I am doing now.

Will the meds really cause a heart attack if that’s the case I’m stopping mine they reallly are trying to kill us

No. My heart has never been healthy and I’ve been on APs for 30 years. I was only switched away from one – Geodon – because there is a very slight possibility of it making my heart worse. There are other options I can go to if needed.

1 Like

are there meds that wont affect your heart

Plenty of them. Vraylar is what I was offered instead.

1 Like

Ok that’s good happy you found the right med !

İ m on 350 mg trevicta (3 monthly version of invega) 3mg invega oral and 20 mg prozac.i feel great on this combo.no anxiety no delusions no paranoia nothing.i m working since 2016 which i started on invega.it s saved my marriage career and simply my life.don t worry.i m nearly on maximum dose since 2016 and i never been healthier before.monthly 100mg chemical means nothing for your body.just exercise eat healthy food and stop demonizing your drug regime.but if you eat bad food smoke or drink alcohol(junk food high colesterol and high trigliyserid food) it can really …cked up your heart vessels.as long as eat healthy you shouldn t worry about anything.my cholesterol is about 200 and trigliserid really low.and my hunger sugar 86.so they are nearly in perfect values
These are my blood results it on foreign language but i think it can be understandable.as you can see no weird values.everything is in perfect value

Antipsychotics bro… Fo life :100::fire:

Don’t you ever let anybody tell you that meds are causing heart :purple_heart: attacks because I’ve used Geodon for 19 years without any premature death in my case.
But now it’s time for a change. I’m in the process of uppering my Seroquel to 800 mg and stoping using Geodon. Not because Geodon is :heart: dangerous for it’s not, but to keep my meds regime simpler. Besides I’m also on Clopixol depo 500 mg every 3 weeks. This one I’ve used for 26 years and I more alive then ever. Don’t quit your meds because of angst of prematurely death. Most of us dies because we don’t get treatment.

I think from now on I will only try to reduce my meds every 5-10yrs. I tried several times before and whenever I go below 5mg risperidone I get sz symptoms.