Another diamond painting

I’m working on this puppy

17 Likes

I recently bought one of these as well. But I’m trying to figure out a technique to go by.

Do you start at the bottom and work ur way up? Or how do you do it that works best?

1 Like

I usually start from the bottom left corner and work to the right for a section and then I move up. Although sometimes if there is a big section of one colour in an area I kinda get bored of the same colour so I try do another section and come back to it.

I’m so glad some of us are trying this out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ohh ok thanks for the tip!

Yeah I thought it looked so cool to do. Urs looks like it’s coming along well.

I’m scared I’m going to spill a thing of diamonds/beads all over the floor…and I’m also realizing it’s kind of a challenge for someone with shaky hands :laughing:

2 Likes

I bought some small bead containers it does help keep everything organised before you start a project. :slightly_smiling_face: And helps prevent beads everywhere

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s actually a very good idea, I may have to look into that!

1 Like

@TheStrange, there’s no real right or wrong way to work on a DP. I’ve tried starting in all different places now. I find for bigger ones its best to start from the top left and work down (I’m right handed). If there is glue around the outside of the painting you can put normal sticky tape over it (this will keep it clean), and also tape it to the table so it doesn’t slip down.

@anon80629714, did you finish the first one you were working on? I like your puppy :slight_smile:

PS - if you drop them onto the floor a stocking over your vacuum cleaner is meant to do the trick.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @gazza75

:upside_down_face:

And that’s really smart about the vacuum trick.

@TheStrange, your welcome… hoping you don’t have to test out your vacuum any time soon. What is your painting of?

1 Like

Thanks me too

It’s a Jack Skellington from nightmare before Christmas joker looking card on the poster.

2 Likes

@TheStrange, very cool!! How big is it roughly?

ps: I’ve posted nearly all of mine in another thread here… currently working on a seahorse one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!! It’s hard to say how big the picture is but it’s pretty big

Yeah I saw some of them and they looked amazing! I’ll probably post a picture of mine when I’m done.

Edit: I just looked and it’s 12X16

1 Like

@TheStrange, that’s a good size one to start with. A lot bigger than my first try!!
Take your time and have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes its roses I finished that one but I wanted to gift this one to my partner :slightly_smiling_face:

I was going to her that one too :flushed: maybe once I finish this one :slightly_smiling_face: it looks amazing

1 Like

Wow what are the odds of that.

1 Like

I want to do pixel art, but it’s very hard

You are limited

1 Like

3 Likes