All around the world prices are going up

It’s a major world event, but the end of times implies to me at least 50% of the world population dying or something.

2 Likes

How many billions of people live on this planet?

3 Likes

I googled it. World population = 7.7 billion

2 Likes

Not all of them. SHTF theories are common (s$%/ hit the fan)

I’ve always been worried about society’s collapse. Things have been going bad for a long time.

2 Likes

Still lost of life is based on devastation to survivors of those who lost their lives to the virus and wars or whatever world event. But 15 million is a mass casualty.

1 Like

Just a few short months ago, we were all worried about a nuclear attack by Russia. Everyone has seemingly forgot about that now. There were cries of the end of the world then too.

1 Like

This worries me.

People think the end of the world will be some ‘dramatic’ event, but really it’s going to become more and more unstable.

Like a death where you just want the plug pulled before the natural end

2 Likes

So 15 million is 2% of the world population if I calculated it right. Still not good but…

3 Likes

If my math is right it’s 0.2%.

4 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right.

2 Likes

Issue for me now is financially - im back to struggling more than i did last year. Digging into savings just to get by - which will be depleted in a few months. Then what. Won’t be paying utilities, then rent again.

3 Likes

I am hooked up with the local food bank now so we should be ok even if extra food stamps get taken away…it won’t be easy, but doable.

4 Likes

Can you downsize?

When my income went down because of sz. I downsized from a fancy apartment to a simple one. Made a huge difference on my budget.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. My daughter’s friend’s parents couldn’t afford to live in a house anymore so they bought a trailer. It’s downsizing. It worked for them.

2 Likes

A lot of people will be doing exactly that if things continue, and demand will make the prices go up on cheaper property as well.

It will be a buyers market, and the rent sector will inflate and line the pockets of landlords

3 Likes

As interest rates go up, it will be harder to buy for many people.

So, expect rental prices to go up.

2 Likes

@Joker has a good point. It’s just not a good time in history for the economy

1 Like

I have the second cheapest form of property where I live, and my mortgage fixed rate ends soon and I will be on a variable rate.

So even though I have relative financial security right now, with the increase in interest rates, energy, fuel and groceries - even the job I am about to start won’t cover the cost

3 Likes

I don’t buy anything but food, utilities, rent and medical bills. We never go out.
Only way to reduce rent is to move over 50 miles - or out of state.
Or have roommates. (There’s an article about multiple families living together recently)

But moving - will use up savings just for any deposit - and moving cost.
I am gonna look for rent relief assistance now before things get worst.
There are programs here we used during covid.

3 Likes

@Headspark @Joker @Jonathan2 @Bowens @Kxev @anon21849028

7 Likes