All around the world prices are going up

I can see the Great Depression happening again. I was at the grocery store some days ago and there were shelves that had zero food.

3 Likes

I buy food and they are limiting 1 item per person for many items.

2 Likes

These are the end days. Enjoy the ride

8 Likes

Some of us saw this coming, and a bit more coming yet, about 2 years ago when they started printing so much money during Covid.

But, even with 2 years to think about it, I haven’t come up with a way to survive it yet, that I know of. Maybe we could ask @naturallycured if he comes back. Maybe someone powerful will swoop in to our rescue. I don’t know.

It is a very important question, I think. I don’t think we’ve seen an inflation survival squeeze like this since the 70’s, when gas went from a quarter to a dollar and stayed there. I’ve been attempting to learn a little about the history of the 70’s for a while.

3 Likes

Does feel ominous. I feel something bad happening coming.

3 Likes

Yes, it frightens me. I don’t trust our governments. I don’t have any savings or other ways to be safe in emergency.

Our oil price is 2,50 a liter. Our gas price is 1,30 a liter. All my groceries rose in price, for some items it went 25% up. There is a takeaway restaurant I went to and their prices to went 25% or so up.

My family doesn’t see it and is very optimistic about the future. I am not. I wish I had basic survival skills really, instead of all the useless book skills.

1 Like

People will be fighting over resources very soon, shortages can only be solved with money for so long

4 Likes

Start growing gardens for 1 thing. Maybe sell your car and use public transportation. Idk. I forgot to buy trash bags the other day so I’m saving empty feed bags (my dad has farm animals). Eat less.

1 Like

That makes sense - in a bad way. Damn.

When some of us who depend on gov. Money. We won’t be able to make it.

2 Likes

People have been claiming ‘the end of times’ as long as I can remember.

I’m not impressed by the logic.

6 Likes

Holy crap! How do they expect people to survive?

I hope you are right.

I did talk with my pastor about it. He said the same: during the big plague or flu epidemics, the world war I and II, the Great Depression, people would have tought the same.

3 Likes

I think Davos refer to it as ‘the great reset’

3 Likes

I changed it to some. I didnt check all the prices. But I buy mainly whole foods and saw things raise like this: eggs for example went from 3,20 to 4,20 a box. Mozarella from 40 cents to 70 cents. The junkfood I ordered went from 7-ish a meal to 9 or 10 euros a meal.

I have no idea. I dont think they have an idea either. Several people I know are dependent now on charity food.

3 Likes

I agree with @Jonathan2 . I don’t think it’s the end of the world. It will hopefully pass eventually. This is not to say that we aren’t headed for hard times for awhile. I just don’t see it as a global catastrophe quite yet. The future is unknown.

If you live long enough you see how many events spur panic and claims of the end. I often refer back to 9/11/2001 when many people thought the end was coming with continued attacks, even nuclear. It never materialized. It’s just an unknown.

It’s not impossible that it could become a global catastrophe, but I think its unlikely.

2 Likes

Tru dat. I’m sure

2 Likes

Every 3 to 6 months someone claims the end of times: a virus, a war, nukes, a solar burst,…

Plenty of stuff for Hollywood movies. I’ve heard it too often and don’t listen to the fear mongers anymore.

1 Like

Maybe not EoTW - but world chaos.

2 Likes

Hey guys the EoTW theory is based on religion. Please be careful. I don’t want my thread locked.

1 Like

Think 15 million people dying from the virus counts for a major world event though.

4 Likes