Aggressivity

What I hate the most about my sz is increased irritability and aggressivity. Anything that improves my negative and cognitive symptoms makes me more aggressive eventhough not really worsen positive symptoms, ADs and stimulants. I feel like I have the worst type of sz.

Anyone here got more impulsive, irritable or aggressive since sz?

1 Like

I started to get really angry when I first got schizophrenia symptoms because I developed post traumatic stress around the same time. After many long years it went away. It went away this year actually and started in 2013.

1 Like

Did it went away because of meds, APs? Mine yes. It comes back whenever I reduce or stop my antipsychotic.

Yeah I think so and because I take an antidepressant too that increases serotonin which keeps me calm and happy.

1 Like

I was the same person after getting SZ that I was before, except my impulse control disappears when I’m off my meds. That’s not a good thing. It took many years of AA and therapy to make me the kind of person who is more tolerable when the impulse control slips.

1 Like

I get irritable easily, but I think I’ve always been that way. If I don’t isolate, I get extremely stressed, and it can lead to aggression. I need a lot of space. People stress me out, and I feel suffocated by interaction.

2 Likes

Same for me. It sucks. I need to rely on a pill to stay sane.

Definitely not more irritable or aggressive. I’m not sure on impulsive.

2 Likes

Yeah man i hate this too, but my psychiatrist said that if i am able to control my psychotic state she would take me off the meds if i prefered that

1 Like

Not to derail the thread but- @oz_aru

I love your profile pic :smile:

1 Like

Haha thanks i really loved thay movie

2 Likes

Aziz, do you mean physically aggressive?

Never mind actually

1 Like

I think. I’ve become much less aggressive since psychosis. And people that are aggressive scare me now. I find them dangerous

1 Like

Yes I did have that… I came down a bit on abilify, much less anger. The anger was exhausting as I was yelling and screaming pretty much all day long, and now I find the result of that: exhausted. The PTSD from it might be causal or a result, hence it is why I need to recuperate slowly, but I like to do things often and can really push myself, but the psych told me I shouldn’t. I take that advice, but I find it difficult to sit still and take things slowly… feels like my life ends when i do.

Sleeping more hours worked for me. I just turned off the alarm, and wake up when my body says it wants to wake up. Removing this pressure helped me tremendously. It is ok to recuperate, mental health comes first.

1 Like

Both, verbally and physically.

1 Like

Yes sleeping more seems to calm me.

My ex, when I didn’t give him money,

He was so mad and told me

You cokroaches will get what you deserve.

He also said to me I hope I don’t have to kill someone one day.

He also smashed someone’s head with a wine bottle and they had to go to the hospital.

My ex believes to this day that he deserved it.

God that guy scared me.

Not as much anymore but I keep my distance for other reasons too.

1 Like

Similar to one of my friends that I left, he also smashed a bottle of vodka on someone’s head when we were in a nightclub. The guy was bleeding, ambulance and police came but I left before that, i left that friend alone and never spoke to him again. I think he’s a sociopath. Anyways I don’t get easily violent like him and in my case it was mostly when ppl were calling me crazy or calling out my delusions when I was off meds.

1 Like

I can feel other peoples anger as if it’s mine.

I don’t want to be feeling it and them or that but I’m very sensitive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.