Abilify user, how has Abilify affected your thought process?

I’m not sure. The pros outweighed the cons. It helps with emotions and moods, it may not help with visualization but it does help you pay attention by slowing you down somewhat. Someone said the vision issue was not related to Abilify, it might’ve been related to getting older, in my late twenties now. It also had less side effects than any other medications I’ve tried other than Vistaril. Vistaril has been the best medication I’ve tried so far because it seems to have cured me of symptoms and side effects. However, my psychiatrist recommended to go back on Abilify so I’m taking a lower dose and so far I feel more calm and less on the upswing of mania.

Abilify blurred my vision which is frustrating because I have to wear contacts even though I had Lasik eye surgery several years ago.

1 Like

5mg thoughts became clearer and I’m not forgetting stuff all the time like I used to.

1 Like

There are a lot of people doing well on Abilify.
I was on it for many years but it was not the right drug for me.
It was way too stimulating for me and it made me hallucinate.

The anxiety and paranoia was intense at times.
I would not be discouraged trying it, Abilify may be the right fit for you.
The only way to find out is to try it.

Same here… I’m going up to 30g today… I’m not sure how I’ll go

Incredible! Great job, I’m impressed! I always wanted to take calculus but my brain wouldn’t do higher level math and I failed out of pre-calculus.

Congrats on your recovery and especially your mathematical abilities!

1 Like

I just changed to abilify im only on 5mg haveto go up doses so I can have the depot injection … so far so good theres been a drastic change in me I even went to the gym today first time since I had a relapse … my mind is clearer and the voices arent kinda there at the moment … I was on risporadone before I wasnt in a good place on it … im hoping this is the drug for me amd I keep improving :slight_smile:
give it a try ya never know it might be the one.
Good luck in your journey of recovery

1 Like

I am on Ablify 5mg plus Xeplion 150mg. When I used Abilify in the first week I felt such a big improvement! I was back to my favourite hobby then and I could read and write for hours for example. After this reveals itself as a cosmetic approach, all this decrease through the time. Next month I will be totally on Abilify with a monthly injectable and then I can give other opinions.

2 Likes

no change whatsoever
i dont feel this med at all thats why im liking it so much

im on 15mg pills before bed

2 Likes

On Abilify my tongue get smelled in a couple days and I couldn’t talk right. I stop taking it immediately. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ok, interesting to hear other people experiencing blurred vision. I’m having that too. It scares me.

Abilify feels very speedy and activating to me. It makes my thoughts rushed and confused. But it has improved my motivation somewhat. I also notice an improvement in my paranoia and delusional thinking.

Overall I don’t think it’s for me. I’ll be talking to my psychiatrist about hopefully switching meds.

1 Like

The speeding of thoughts would be a welcome change for me. I have some issues with psychomotor slowing from my medication, I guess you could call it slow processing speed. And pronounced dysfluency from lacking a quick flowing train of thought. I’m on Rexulti and it hasn’t improved that.

1 Like

We call it Aripitas in my country and it has done nothing for my voices. it just made me gain weight, slowed my thoughts, cant concentrate and then there are the headaches Abilify as you call it hasn’t done anything for me. i am on 30mg

I’ve been on Invega for 5 years now and I started to gain serious weight so my pdoc prescribed me abilify or ‘aripiprazol’ as it is called here. I’m gonna stick with both for one month and then quit Invega and stay with Abilify, let’s see if it helps me with my weight gain. Also Invega is 10mg, Abilify is 15mg.

I’ve been feeling drowzy and sleepy, also a little less inhibited, I wanna keep taking it to see how it goes after some time.

I take ability 10mf.i still have paranoia. It gave me energy.

I feel more depressed and zero creative energy and sexual energy. I am dead behind the eyes. I do not have any voices though and feel very calm. There is no life though.

1 Like

I don’t know I can’t seem to remember where I go, I feel disoriented, I can’t focus for very long , I feel cognitively impaired. I can’t process complex information, short-term memory seems to fade all the time, I have trouble doing accurate work like I used to. I think my intelligence has just decreased and I have less brain power. They say it makes you process less information so your brain doesn’t get worse. They say I have autism.

2 Likes

That’s what APs in general usually do

I felt an increase in energy and able to feel pleasure a bit better - didn’t do much for poverty of speech though

I get injected with 400mg of Abilify every 4 weeks. Thought process, cognitive functioning & memory are all working fine.

1 Like