A very organized schizophrenic!

Christmas has come and gone. I received a new chef statue for my kitchen to match the chef motif I have going on:

This is what I have on top of the bookshelf – a bust I sculpted in a Sculpture 02 Class in college. It was a copy of a Michelangelo bust. The professor said that your mood inspires your bust’s final appearance and attitude. I was sad during that semester:

Also, I have a Monet copy printed for my bathroom:

6 Likes

Wow! I don’t think that any apartment/room I’ve ever occupied has ever looked that organized, and that includes the time when I was a baby with like one toy and a pacifier lol

2 Likes

Wow that’s great but I have so much good stuff over the years I have filled our 4 BR house.
I never have to buy anything again I have enough toys now.
O well food I guess. I always hated shopping.

I installed some accent lighting and am making an organized recipe binder!

The lights change colors via remote!

This strip changes to any color of the spectrum via remote!

Red cookbook to match my kitchen motif/theme.

With Avery Index and Index Tabs…

Close-Up of the categories!

6 Likes

Typed up a bunch of recipes today for my cookbook and found a barcode scanner that organizes the expiration dates for the food in your fridge/pantry. That is my next project: scan every item in my apartment that is perishable and organize dates on the tablet. Already found one item that was past expiration. … Never again!

I love your accent lighting. Very good. I wish I could do things like that. @anon41720500, are you a girl or a boy?

2 Likes

Thanks so much, ginalovea2! I am a male.

…just finished typing up my Mother’s cornflake chicken recipe, which I diligently took notes on:

I should have a good 20 to 25 fully-explained recipes when I’m done. More to learn, but at least I’m taking notes now!

2 Likes

@anon41720500, is that your own house or is it a rented apartment?

Rented apartment. I was going to say it’s the first time I’ve lived on my own, but that would be incorrect. I lived alone in Philadelphia while going to college, but part of that time was with roommates. This is the first real living experience with me paying rent, shopping for food, etc. I didn’t like it at first, but I’ve finally adjusted. Kind of thriving on it now…

2 Likes

That time (in Philadelphia) was before I became ill. I actually fell ill while attending classes there and it was quite an experience. I’m so glad I survived it!

2 Likes

You’re a seriously cool male @anon41720500. Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Tomasina! That made me feel great! Glad to share! I know it’s basic stuff for people without mental illness (‘regular people’), but this stuff is big for us, I think. At the very least, it is for me! :wink:

I’m kind of getting addicted to posting in this thread. I like riding the wave of positivity! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome @anon41720500. Yes, I completely agree that this stuff is BIG for a lot of us - me included! I hope you keep posting on this thread, if you like. I find it a very comforting/inspiring thread.

2 Likes

Organized my spices on the pull-out plastic shelving beside the refrigerator!

I’m also scanning in all of my food into an android application called ‘BEEP’. It scans the barcodes and you input the expiration dates for your pantry and refrigerator items. No more wasted food…

I’m almost done scanning in all of the cabinets. Next: the fridge! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Found a nice picture at Hobby Lobby. It was big and I didn’t know how it would look on my wall in the kitchen. It’s an Italian Bistro-style scene. I took a quick picture of it in the store:

Intending to replace the chef picture, I then reverse google image searched with that photo from the store. I found the original artwork and went into Photoshop. After scaling as close as I could, I came up with this ‘artist’s rendering’ of the possible design scheme:

I liked it, so I went out with my Mother to Hobby Lobby and purchased the actual picture. It turned out to be a bit larger than I guestimated (even though I measured it in the store)… so the final product looks a bit different.

Still, my initial rendering was pretty close!

I also purchased a file cabinet for my paperwork and intend to transfer over all of my SSI/foodstamps/etc paperwork from my Mother. I plan to take full control of my disability paperwork. I’ll take a picture of the file cabinet when I get some folders hung in it tomorrow!

5 Likes

Oh man, the things i could do if I had you at my house :smile: :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Sure, @Mountainman - you’ll have to step in line. I’d also like @anon41720500 to organize my space! :rofl: :thinking: :smiley:

4 Likes

Filing Cabinet!

Color-Coded File Folders!

Next thing to do is to organize all of my product manuals in the filing cabinet. They’re in a drawer in the closet…

2 Likes

You guys put me to shame. I have a huge mess to clean up. Also a dog I can’t control when people come around or when strangers come to the door. It’s embarrassing. I never wanted a big dog (blue heeler), but my sister had her heart set on it. I should’ve emphatically said no. So now, she and I don’t talk.

2 Likes

That’s a wonderful bust sculpture.

1 Like