A very organized schizophrenic!

I also plan on painting a wall mural. Here’s my photoshopped version of the kitchen with the mural before painting it:

5 Likes

Lol that is a cool joke for your guests, they’ll hit the wall! :smile:

1 Like

That is great.

Good on ya!

A Christmas gift to yourself.

I prefer my home a bit more messy as I find it cozy and that is my preference.

I know some people who do feng shuie who are minimalistic with their homes and very strict and incredibly tidy.

Apparently it can bring good energy to the home.

I read a great book called sacred space that a woman wrote.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

I’m definitely going to check these out.

1 Like

Also, after you organize the file folders, if you end up getting too many file folders in there, you always have the option of getting new folders or ‘repurposing’ the folders with the year on the tab. Essentially, when you have too much, sort into years (years for bills/etc). That’s a pro-tip from my Mother.

1 Like

My house looks like people are squatting here lol

1 Like

Excellent. Good job. You’re apartment looks very homey. All that’s missing is a cat sleeping on the bed.

2 Likes

My house is messy organized. I know where everything is, but it doesn’t look neat. It’s lived in. I wouldn’t be embarrassed if someone came through the door, though. It’s not messy, just not perfect.

Good for you, though. I have to say, I couldn’t manage it, but I’m a bit jealous of those that can. Would you say you are a type A personality? How hard is it to maintain it given that schizophrenia tends to work against you? Does the disorganization of schizophrenia not affect you as much? I know not every symptom affects every person.

2 Likes

I had to look up the Types first. It’s not something I’ve thought about, honestly. I am very introspective, but hadn’t categorized myself! Hah!

https://www.simplypsychology.org/personality-a.html

I am competitive and time sensitive, as the page I linked referenced, but am more compassionate than the majority, I think, which meshes with some of the attributes of Type B. I am not hostile, as it references Type A… I was raised by a very hostile man who would yell at my Sister and I if we touched the walls with our ‘oily fingers’. “Don’t touch the cabinets with your oily fingers or you’ll leave smudge marks!” It’s a long story, but he’s gone and out of my life. I actually made it my mission to not be hostile like him.

I can say that he definitely trained me, and I have OCD because of it, but I am not as bad as he was. I just like everything in its place and for things to have an artistic flair.

I was actually profoundly messy during the first few years of schizophrenia (my closet looked like a garbage monster had thrown up in it!). …and I didn’t seem to notice it (?)… However, now that I’ve organized my thinking about schizophrenia (I’ve had schizoaffective disorder for 9+ years now) and my illness, it’s afforded me the time to extend that ‘neat-freak’ attitude to the things in my apartment! :smiley:

I am on Zoloft for OCD.

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome! I love organising too. Today I reorganised my books :blush:

1 Like

@zeno, don’t discourage him / her. I know life is not to organize room and shelves. But to organize life itself.

Thank you for all of the positive and light-hearted responses, everyone. It really encouraged me! I don’t get a lot of interaction with people throughout the day. This forum is great! :blush:

1 Like

beautiful apartment

1 Like

Fantastic, I’m so proud of you!!!

1 Like

Wow, you are an example! Be proud of yourself, this is sexy!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, how impressive! I have a whole house to clean. Will cost me $ for cleaning agents and other necessities. Will take a lot of time and energy. But I want to have friends over to my house, which is the goal I want to actualize.

2 Likes

I almost shed a tear because of how clean and organized your house is.

It made me slightly emotional.

I love your bedroom area and the carpet is an amazing color and texture.

I also love shade of the dim light. It’s such a creamy low lighting.

I love how your bike fits perfectly and all your plants make me want to visit your place right now.

It’s so cozy and I can feel it radiating through the pictures.

I-I I think I’m in love with your apartment/ house/ condo/ I don’t know.
:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I went into Staples and got a desk organizer similar to the one you posted and it makes a huge difference!

I was also able to get some ideas for organizing large amounts of paperwork like a cabinet drawer but for my mom. It’s a bit pricey and will have to wait till we move into our new apartment.

Anyhow, your apartment is like my life goal in terms of organizing. Thank-you for the inspiration :grinning:

1 Like

You could set up a business doing that, or maybe get friends to give you free meals and a ride to the pool if you’d do a couple of rooms for them.

1 Like

Warms my heart to know I could inspire you, MissJennyJen! Glad you got the organizer! If you ever have a question about organizing, I might be able to help! It is possible to have organization, even with schizophrenia. I treat my life philosophy the same and it has worked wonders on my outlook on life – and, resultingly, my depression.

So much of schizophrenia is about the psychological problems of the individual. Our lives are scrambled up and disheveled, like a disorganized and cluttered apartment of the mind. Yes, the chemical aspect is totally legit and we need medicine to counteract that problem, but the other part of the problem is psychological. Our psychology needs straightening up. This is easier said than done.

I feel like I’m turning a huge bend in the road with this illness. I’ve never been this organized in my entire life; it feels incredible. I just organized my digital calendar with reminders that pop up every time I need to remember something. The organization is spreading to every part of my life! The best part is that, once you have that base organization, it makes it harder to fall out of line. You tend to just put stuff where it goes and do stuff when it needs doing.

I’m also making some nice adjustments with my personal philosophy and outlook on life. I have explored philosophy pretty thoroughly – from the most extreme forms of religion to pure nihilism. I have found a kind of balanced approach that respects everyone’s perspective. Still working on that, but it’s coming along nicely! Everything seems to be helping! :smiley:

1 Like