A Poem: Money

Money isn’t everything,
Actually it is,
Just joking it isn’t,
No actually I’m serious.

10 Likes

I think money is pretty imporant, it can buy happiness, up til a certain point though.

1 Like

Once somebody said that he loves somebody, but to the certain extent, whatever this meant??

1 Like

money money never grows on trees,its harder to work for,then one needs.
but if you are feeling down, spending money can put on a crown.
it can make you feel shot, or it can make you feel tall, but the money they give you.
well it dont go a mile.

2 Likes

Money is still something I’m wondering about like where did it freaking come from???

1 Like

Basically money represents all the value produced by the economy. If there’s more money than product and services inflation goes way up. If theres more product and services than there is money, money will be worth more. Money has been around for a long time, but basically started as trading something rare and valuable like gold or silver for many things of value.

2 Likes

That does SEEM to be it nowadays…

Maybe I’m not talking to the right people irl though…

I’m sort of happy bc I know the value of things over the cost. (Reference to the famous quote on cynics.

1 Like

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise, it’s no surprise
That they’re giving none away

3 Likes

Yea so basically capital is more than money hmm or so I think someone let me know

Money does grow on trees. All those apples, oranges, plums etc… are harvested and sold on the market.

To store valuable metals such as gold, silver, bronze etc… banks were developed and bank notes were invented.

Of you want to have no time, just do nothing. Anton Chekhov

1 Like

Health is more important . . .

1 Like

If I won the lottery I could shack up in hotels and travel, get out of my monotonous life in my apartment. I think that would help my mental health.

2 Likes

The best things in life are free
But you can’t keep 'em for the birds and bees
Now give me money (that’s what I want

Money don’t get everything it’s true,
But what it don’t get, I can’t use.
Give me money, that’s what I want.

1 Like

Money is a necessity.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that the very rich are only slightly more happy than the middle class people. When I was at a mental hospital in Dallas I was struck by how many people there were on trust funds. They didn’t have to worry about anything, and they were miserable.

1 Like

Money buys things, but does not buy happiness. Money can buy health insurance and medications but does not mean you will have good health. Money is important in our society. However, money can not buy you all that you desire in life.

1 Like

. . . but not sufficient by itself

It’s a tool for trade. I would not like to be back to the days of bartering.