80% of us hear voices

Is that correct
For I’ve never heard voices as an adult and still have the diagnosis
I have had delusions
But voices are considered hallucinations
I’ve always wondered if the diagnosis was correct

3 Likes

I only hear voices if I am very tired these days. Medications has helped me immensely otherwise I would hear voices all day, every day.

2 Likes

I don’t hear voices either
Plus I’ve never been to a mental hospital
Still I’m told I have it

2 Likes

I’ve been in hospital a number of times
Yeah it is hard that indecisiveness
The total anxiety I had for many years for I hadn’t really been in hospital or heard voices, then I had a delusion which still continues, now for a couple of years

Interesting. I’ve been to the mental hospital a few times over the last 8 years. So I’m not there often.

If you don’t hear voices and have never been to the hospital, do you have other kinds of hallucinations or is it delusions and disorganized thoughts for you?

You don’t have to answer that if you’re not comfortable of course.

What meds are you on, just curious

2 Likes

Sure doesn’t sound disorganised

I hear voices non stop. No meds have helped :sob:

1 Like

I think the best to do is focus on getting better instead of labels and such, for me at least the more you complain about not being ill the more ill people think you are
What’s important is being well and that’s it

2 Likes

I’m on:
Abilify 20mg
Wellbutrin 300mg
Lexapro 10mg
Prazosin 1mg
Trazodone 50mg

Honestly I think the Abilify is doing the heavy lifting when it comes to voices.

3 Likes

I’m on the Abilify shot and it doesn’t stop.the voices. Unfortunately

2 Likes

Is the trazodone for sleep?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Have you ever tried Invega? It’s also a shot and helped me in the past. I couldn’t handle the weight gain on Invega though so be aware of that.

1 Like

Trazzies are for sleep, yes.

1 Like

What do you mean?

What I get is paranoia, that’s pretty much it. Sometimes if I’m doing really really bad I’ll see shadows and such minor things, but I’m not convinced those even are hallucinations.

Main issue I have is as soon as I started having symptoms I felt dumb, couldn’t think straight nor remember things. Because I had weird beliefs a few days at a time and never better I think they came to the conclusion I had sz

1 Like

They spoke really quite well

1 Like

Invega is too strong for me without the likelihood of helping
I’ve been on risperidone oral and it made no difference
So they moved to Abilify

1 Like

Invega was a lot for me too. Does the Abilify help somewhat?

1 Like

Interesting. I’m sorry you deal with paranoia. That’s one of my least favorite symptoms. It’s so uncomfortable being paranoid.

3 Likes