15 and diagnosed with psychosis + ranting about my ward experience

Idk I am in Canada. I wanted to go out of mental hospital without meds so my psychiatrist said you can only do it in court. He extended my hospital stay to 4-6 months in court and said I am a danger to myself and others.

There are many companies that hire people with autism nowadays. It is all the inclusion and diversity initiatives that companies do now. So you have plenty of opportunities.

I see its worth a try! thank ya

It was my undoing at my old company, but there are jobs out there that suit your strengths, and minimise your weaknesses in other areas. You just need to discover your niche and run with it.

Sensory overload was a problem for me. Another rule change at my old work was the banning of headphones, which I found to be very bad for me, as I cannot cope with the busy open plan office with all the noises and my brain trying to process every last thing people were saying. It’s too distracting without noise cancelling

1 Like

Thank you for bothering to explain this to me
I think honestly that I am kinda dumb in the head even though I am not

were you a danger to anyone? did they have proof? :confused:

I tried escaping mental hospital but security guards caught me when I was exiting the building.

Same. This can be worked around. Plenty of jobs where you can work alone and kick butt. Have faith.

thank ya ima try my hardest

why did you escape? its commonly known that trying to escape makes your stay longer

At home yes, I was throwing knives at my family, I think my parents told them. Also I was yelling at nurses to get out. I think I would have broke a glass door if security guards didn’t calm me down with 4 unknown pills that made me sleep. I think they’re sedatives, benzodiazepines.

I felt that they’re stealing my emotions, intelligence, they made me a zombie robot.

yeah they offered benzos to me too

also they wrote that I was a danger to others and myself in the documents needed for involuntary admission because its one of the criteria even though i wasnt
apparently being psychotic counts

I am so sorry for your experience, hope you are okay now

1 Like

I have schizophrenia, and my husband has autism. Don’t place limits on yourself before you’ve even seen what you are capable of. You can live the life you want. It just might be a different path to get there. I was my husband’s first partner, and he was 29. I had just gotten a job and apartment after fighting my way out of homelessness.

3 Likes

I was involuntarily hospitalized 3 times by cops, once they were 4, once they were 2. They didn’t leave me until I was seen by a psychiatrist and sent inside where they gave me tons of pills that made me sleep.

i wonder what is their obsession with meds

do they just wanna drug us up to feel nothing?

I take 4 psychotropic medications. It is not about the number of medications or dosage you take. It is about treating your disabilities. If medications make you function better in life, take them.

well abilify helped me but risperdal didnt

im scared of the Geodon… can someone reassure me that nothing bad will happen if i take it

It helps but only a little for me, for some it makes them functional and much better, you have to try.
They made me much less suicidal.

1 Like

Whether or not you have side effects is dependent on the person. Every person respons to each medication differently. I take Geodon along with another anti-psychotic and I do not have hallucinations or delusions or any side effects.

1 Like