Whats the worst thing about having scizophrenia for you?

Lack of motivation to do much of anything and loss of mental sharpness and concentration that I used to have

1 Like

i find dealing with the stigma if or when somebody finds out im sz is actually harder to deal with than my symptoms now that i am back in reality for the most part.

2 Likes

Losing the very happy and sane life that I used to lead.

1 Like

After years of steady recovery and going on cheaper , affordable pills. My main battle is the stigma. Everything else Iā€™ve worked out over time. seriously thinking I might be coming out at work soon.

The worst thing for me, many of the people Iā€™m in love with cut off ties with me automatically as the ap changes my appearance. They just dumped me and left forever. Its the hardest to feel no love. They will not love u when you lost your position s.

fear and poor stress tolerance.

Being confused all the time

2 Likes

Itā€™s the constant denial of acceptance from peers built up over the years.

1 Like

I canā€™t do what I wanted to do and I wonā€™t have what I wanted to have. They are basic needs like food and love and acceptance.

not being able to fit in the social circle
unless they are on psychedelics or something then Iā€™m like the cool kid
then they say "see! he gets it!"
but that hardly ever happens

The stigmaā€¦!!!

2 Likes

For me, it is thinking that songs on the radio are about me, and thinking that people way outside of the legitamet range within which they should know about me being super judgemental about me. It makes me really angry.

iVE LOST ALL SENSE OF CONTROL OVER MY LIFEā€¦life us hardā€¦

1 Like

the worst thing about schizophreniaā€¦ i feel like i have no life. i sit around and escape into a fantasy world. tormented by hallucinations.

1 Like

Being branded as a freak by classmates for having schizophrenia. My family doesnā€™t care about It. So I just stay in my room almost all the time.

1 Like

same here, bromie

First is stigma, followed right behind by living with uncertainty, followed in third place having to live with a secretā€¦

2 Likes

Being at the Mercy of this illness. Not be able to plan anything because you donā€™t know when your illness will flare up and destroy everything

1 Like

Having to take handfuls of pills every morning, evening and night. And painful shots every two weeks.

Stigma for sure without a doubt.