Was your EX good for youre mental health...?

Helllllllllllll no, good in the sense he was my first real boyfriend though so that was kinda nice.

2 Likes

I have had several girlfriends since I first had symptomsā€¦I can generalise that when I was still untreated and in the prodromal stage, the worse I got the worst where my relationships. When I was just out of University, I still only had minor issues and I had some very nice gf who were very supportive. Then I got continually worse over time, not really psychotic yet but I was getting to be a nervous wrack, very selfconscous and insecure, timid, I was dealing with a lot of inner turmoil. This made is not really possible for me to be a good boyfriend and I do understand that the women could not deal with this for long. Then I had my breakdowns and at the time I was singleā€¦ I started on meds and felt better but my first med had very bad side effects, including making me pretty much impotent. Some long tree years went by like this and I attempted on relationship but it was soon over. Then about 15 years ago, in 2002 I switched meds and the new med had me feeling much better. In 2002 I was 32 years old and I remember thinking I am going to marry the next woman that I fall in love with and this time I am going to go for somebody worth a rejection and failure. I am going to go for very nice woman and if it doesnt work out, I have made a good try for somebody that is worth it. In the early Summer of 2002 I started running almost every day for an hour and lost a lot of weight getting very fit. In August 2002 I felt great and started to try to go out more. I went to a salsa dance course and soon met my future wife. It was a mature way to fall in love, we dated a lot, talked a lotā€¦we waited for some time with having sex, we got an HIV test done before that actually, so it was ok not to use condoms. I realised she was a good young woman full of potential, kind hearted, intelligent and beautiful inside and out Everything worked out nicely, we had good chemistry. After one year of being together we got married. My wife has been such a big help for me ever since. In 2005 my father died and it was a terrible time. I had to find out he had disowned me and left everything for his second wife. I had this settled with judicial help. I give my wife a lot of credit for the fact that I was able to stay stable during this time. After my dad had died I was unemployed for a while because for several years my dad and I had a business together previously. Then I found new work and life contined, we moved several times, I changed jobs several times. We got married in church, my wife gave birth to our son. more job changes more moves. All this time my wife stood by my side and supported me in any way she can. I am so glad I have her. I hope i never will have to speak of her as my ex, I dont plan on it.

3 Likes

My most recent ex (we split just over a year ago) was terrible for my mental health. She had an awful way of undermining my confidence and self esteem. By the end, I fully believed that I was not good enough, that I never would be, and that I couldnā€™t do anything right. She has borderline personality disorder; frankly, sheā€™s an emotional and psychological nightmare. Iā€™ve bounced back, though, realize now that I am, in fact, a good person who deserves better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i only have one ex and he cheated on me when i refused to sleep with him because i was struggling with my sexuality. i was refusing to admit i am gay.

My ex wife was very bad for my mental health. She introduced me to pot and hallucinogens and helped me discover the false cure of self-medication.

1 Like

Wow I guess no one really liked their ex. The closest thing I had to a girlfriend was nice. Although I think my psychosis may have been triggered by it but I donā€™t know. Still like her.

My ex drove me nuts, I supplied the rocket, he supplied the ride.
It takes one to know one, and he knew us all.

Yes, if you can say a frontal lobotomy is good for your mental health. The woman had no ideas in her head or poetry in her soul. Talking to her was a deadening experience. Her whole world was the ordinary business of life, and there was nothing above or beyond that in her world. I need a woman with more imagination.

Your ex should have been with my ex.
He used to tell me ā€˜talkā€™ is only to exchange information, and info equals facts, not what I ā€˜thinkā€™, because he didnā€™t care about what I think. Nor does he want to hear anything I believe, suppose or wonder.
Just stick to the facts.
Hehehe, how I lasted 25 years with this man?
Must have been because I had such a good imaginationā€¦

Youā€™re right. A match made in heaven.

I am on a mission to find my soul-mate

1 Like

The last time I was in a psych hospital I was married.
The last time I came close to suicide I was married.
It also affected my physical health. I had a lot of stomach problem when I was married.
She said she accepted me for who I was.
Turn out she accepted me for what I had.
She wanted me to move out. But it was my home before I met her. No way was Iā€™m going to move out.
Found out later she wanted me to hit her. So she could claim domestic abuse. I never did and never would.
To cut this story short. No my ex was not good for my mental health.

1 Like

Ridgerunner I guess you are fit, I am young,high fit for my age and hope to remain so as I age.
I am sorry that your wife did not treat you well.
I hope you got over her :smile:

1 Like

@Erez_Shmerling Iā€™m in good shape for my age. Some aches and pains but nothing major.
I got divorce a long time ago. So Iā€™m well over her
All I felt when she moved out was relief.

3 Likes

I dated one guy who was amazing for my mental health. When I was with him the voices were almost not even there. There was nothing else, just me and him. He brought me back to reality when I had delusions, and he kept me knowing what was real. Iā€™ve never found anything in this world that made me as sane as he did.

1 Like

My ex was a nasty piece of work then a one off shag with some guy who wanted to stay in bed till 11, i didnā€™t like him much

My husband is beautiful and kind and everything sexy

She was good for me while it lasted. After I got bored with the sex, she became a harridan.