Solution to the libido problem with males

From my understanding, what primarily causes libido issues in men on antipsychotic medication is the elevation in prolactin it creates. Based on my research, even a minor raise in prolactin can cause severe problems with ED and libido in males. Luckily, I think I found a solution. There is a drug that lowers prolactin for people who have elevated levels for various reasons.

Here is a scientific study where they used Cabergoline to lower prolactin to normal levels for people taking antipsychotic medication:

What do you guys think? This is theoretical, but it should help. Based on my research, elevated levels of prolactin is a common side effect of antipsychotic medication, and this can have a detrimental side effect in males. Taking Cabergoline could be the perfect remedy.

I would also advise eating a lot of eggs every day. This can increase libido and raise testosterone. Other things that can help are spinach and peanuts. Spinach is also really good for the brain too.

I not a scientist but I the meds could designed to raise prolactin in order to lower testosterone and suppress the body’s urges, furthering the tranquilliser effect. Purely a guess though!

ZMA is a supplement which inhibits estrogen and increases testosterone. I found this helpful for a while, especially when doing weights and boxing three times a week, which really increased my sex drive and motivation. This was part of a very lean, healthy diet. It was hard to maintain and after six months I started getting adverse effects from the supplements. Zinc can become toxic and make you anaemic. Any supplement can be quite dangerous tbh and I haven’t tried ZMA or any other supplements while on antipsychotics because I see that as a bit reckless and risky. I’d rather put sex and relationships on the back burner until I’m ready for that lifestyle again.

If they design them to raise prolactin on purpose the best theory is for eugenics purposes, which has no benefit to us as individuals.

I am doing an NAC (600mg) + selenium (200mg) combo right now. I don’t know if it is helping, but I am starting to feel sharper, which could be the NAC at work, as it has antioxidant effects on both the testes and the brain.

Yeah who knows what they do with our meds. Its probably just paranoia and lack of understanding, but it would make sense to sedate those who might become threats to society. What that has to do with sex drive I don’t know.

My bet would be for eugenics, again. By reducing our libidos we are less likely to propagate.

From a scientific standpoint that would make the most sense. Social darwinism could also play a role. Again, this is under the hypothetical premise it was their intention to mess with our hormones. I’m not saying it is. Let’s keep this thread out of the delusional section.

Yeah but eugenics is widely reknown as unpopular and inhuman. I think the economy likes us we get forced into paying hundreds of dollars a month for medication which keeps some people at the top afloat. If all the schizos went away a lot of people would be outa work. You can believe what you want, but I’m prety sure the side effects of the drugs are just that unintended side effects. Maybe with another half century of research a lot of those side effects will go away.

I’m hoping that is the case as well. I’m no scientist, but it seems like they could be doing a better job. I’ve seen them alter other drugs without unwanted side effects and it didn’t take them forever to do it.

So I guess the bottom line is this: if you want to be more easily controlled and/or less likely to propagate, go along with that possible agenda and let your hormones be messed with. From my standpoint though, the stronger the body, drive, and instinct and the weaker the voices have an impact on my mind, so for my own mental health I am going to try to remedy this issue.

Blockade of dopamine raises prolactin. The correlation is with dopamine blockade

I think it happens because of homeostasis . Shut one section of the brain down and it brings everything down or other chems in the brain to readjust. Sex drive is linked with the brain. And the buddy just wants to fight to readjust it’s levels If that makes sense

Taking Cabergoline is counterproductive to taking an antipsychotic. The whole purpose of taking an AP is to lower one’s dopamine, not increase it. Cabergoline increases dopamine so it defeats the AP’s purpose.

Solution?

Yes, libido is good, i forgot again.

I want no libido and don’t need a libido. I don’t want to reproduce for i could not bear my own children walking through this awful thing and then dying a horrible death. Don’t need no libido, which is not pleasure but reproduction only, thats all it is. Refrain, and i refrain willingly and will take drugs to stop my moronic genetalia from forcing more people into this genocidal world warring slave pit.

Oh to see my mortal bloody infant child come out of a vagina screaming, thats a libido. And what would their fate be? Pain, thats their fate, their only fate. Pain and death.

No thanks.

The scientific study showed no side effects to lowering prolactin with the drug. Don’t make stuff up.

My prolactin is high and my testosterone is low - thanks to the Risperdal I am currently on - I am in the process of going onto another antipsychotic that doesnt raise prolactin.
I suffer from all kinds of sexual issues and recently started to lactate a bit - from the increase of prolactin.
Risperdal is one of the worst offenders in raising prolactin - it can cause lots of problems

Thanks for posting this. Its very interesting and there are a number of studies that support your ideas - here are some of them:

and here:

and here:

THe only issue is that its a drug - so you’d need to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/cabergoline-oral-route/description/drg-20062485

Don’t worry, I suffered the same but now I am off risperidal the sexual dysfunction has ceased. I had all sorts of problems but it’s gone. It just takes time,

Yeah Im in the process of switching to another med - still figuring out which one it will be - my doctor and I will come up with a safer solution for me