Letter to my APN

“I feel so hopeless…I WANT to be on an antidepressant and NEED to be on one…but even after staying on 25 mg for an extended period of time before moving up, after several days of 50 mg my bladder issues have become a lot worse again. I was fine for the first few days on it and then bam… I am on my graduation trip and literally just running back and forth from the bathroom. I used it 5 times within an hour. Most times only small amounts come out. Just half a cup of water can send me back and forth from the bathroom for HOURS. It’s like I’ll feel like I need to pee BADLY and then I go and only a little comes out. As soon as I lay back in bed I then have to go AGAIN and it repeats. I can’t deal with this…I have only been asleep 3 hours before I woke up having to pee. I went and I already have to go again and it is not 5 mins after. I don’t even know how many times I’ve gone to the bathroom today. I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do. Please give me some sort of option”

Guys I feel like I have no choice but to stop taking this med. I don’t know what to do. I’m doomed to never be on medication. My body reacts terribly to all of it. I am suffering right now.

Which med are u on.

Zoloft but I have tried several antidepressants

1 Like

U can check vanlafaxine.
May be its good .its ssnri.
Consider it…

I’ve never been on any kind of psych med, AP or AD that didn’t give me impossible side effects. Anxiety and restlesssness so bad I’m suicidal…shot attention span…severe insomnia and waking up w panic attacks…loss of ability to orgasm…dangerous hormonal imbalances…etc

When I’m off meds I’m in mental hell but on meds I’m in physical hell. UGH. I don’t know what to do!!

2 Likes

I tried Effexor already. It completely removed my ability to orgasm.

1 Like

You do real good without meds, but I’ve known women who raised kids without meds in your predicament and have been doing well for over 20+ years, now an older woman.

Women seem to be able to handle not taking meds better than guys.

So between peeing incessantly and not being able to orgasm, which one would you settle for? It looks like you will have to make some concessions if you want to preserve your mental sanity…

Just for the record, I am able to climax but I don’t feel almost any pleasure. It’s the illness, not the meds. For me, taking meds is like popping candy. They have no effect whatsoever.

1 Like

@Daimon I don’t think that having kids is an indication of doing well.

MAO inhibitors?

Medication for overactive bladder?

1 Like

You may have to live with the side effect of an inability to orgasm like a lot of the rest of us.

1 Like