Is this a delusion?

I have noticed that I am getting increasingly wary of people in public. Probably around 80% of people I see out and about, I think they are murderers or rapists and it makes me uncomfortable.
I receive their thoughts on how they want to kill me. Some people just want to hurt/abuse me .

Should I call the police next time this happens?
Nevermind keeping hands and feet to yourself, people need to keep their thoughts to themselves.
And I need to stop making everyone want to hurt/kill me…

:frowning:

3 Likes

The whole thing about recieving thoughts, that sounds like a delusion. The other stuff you talked about sounded like paranoia.

Yeah, that’s a delusion I’m afraid, no one wants to kill you or hurt you or abuse you.
No, don’t bother calling the police, not much they can do if nothing has happened to you, no one can be protected 24/7 on the grounds they might get hurt…unless you have a personal bodyguard, but they cost a lot of money.
Focus on just getting stuff that needs doing done, life just isn’t that exciting, really.

What you’re saying sounds paranoid to me. People have their own concerns, and they’re not too worried about you. Just check and see if some person is paying too much attention to you. Then you might get worried.

You’re most likely extremely anxious in those situations. This creates inner monologue and dialogues that aremt pleasant. Basically youre seeing everything as worst as it possibly could be and your mind just reinforces those thoughts. Its common.

Just realize you’re in control. Dont let feeling uncomfortable reach that point in intensity.

Life is strange, the more we treat it as a foreign object the more foreign it becomes

the other day we were driving with my dad in an area with no buildings or houses and I thought he was taking me to a place to execute me/kill me. it was a rapid delusion that didn’t last. but it was stupid. I never told my dad cos I would upset him.

Lol you make me laugh man.

Everything you say is always " just anxiety "

You’re experiencing paranoid delusions. No one can hear your thoughts or read your mind. In public most people are wrapped up in their own lives and don’t want trouble. Of course if you are hanging around certain dangerous areas that are known to be dangerous for anyone, then your delusion might be true.

If you are hanging out in seedy bars or crack houses than yes, those people might want to harm you. But if you’re in the mall getting an ice cream cone than chances are most people are going to leave you alone.

I do sympathize because I’ve experienced exactly what you’re going through. But I’m 56 and in my 37 years of having paranoid schizophrenia the only times I’ve been a victim of violence is when I was places I didn’t belong like crack houses or buying drugs at midnight in parks. Since I quit drugs in1990, I have gone to malls, restaurants, amusement parks, across the country, etc and I have never been attacked.

1 Like

According to https://www.leozqin.me/how-many-murderers-will-you-walk-past/ , only 0.0015% of non-jailed citizens are murderers, so the odds that your hunch applies to someone who actually murders is like winning the lottery.

Your negative thoughts aren’t coming from these people, they’re self-directed. Hard to come to grips with that.

You sound aware of what you think may be a delusion is making you feel uncomfortable of being with people in public. How do you know what you feel about the 20% is correct? The police would probably tell you to phone a crisis line. And you already know how those things work…

Have you tried sitting somewhere that is in an open public space like a High Street, and just watching everything around you without necessarily making a judgement about what you are seeing? If you stay long enough any anxiety you have fades away as you see that people are really very busy and do not care or notice you.

It is not real, try not to let it take hold lest you become trapped in your house. How’s the meds going?

It happens man. Like sometimes I just stop and think wow im really in this bitch like in this body and ■■■■ u know? Like anyone could be a rapist and killer its scary

1 Like

I have been through something similar like you. Since I got injection every month. It all long gone. You should speak about these thoughts with your doctor or therapist that it can be spoken out to right person that can help you for it. Gonna be fine. Cheers~

2 Likes

I am not anxious when I am outside besides I am on 2X anxiety medications which help a lot. I am so chilled out now. Too chilled out. I can lie on the floor in the middle of a supermarket without giving a ■■■■.

The problem is how uncomfortable I feel with these thoughts I am getting about people… like what I am supposed to do about them? Ignore them and try to distract myself even though my mind is already fully occupied with these scary things? Or confront the people hoping that my thoughts are true and they will just kill me? Or simply run away?

I am sorry you are facing these difficulties @Jesspresso , I love you dearly,
I hope that you’ll eventually feel better.

No, don’t confront the people unless you want the police to be called to come and get you.

Running away isn’t the answer either. If you do that regularly, you will become trapped at home.

Are you on an antipsychotic?

Can you ask for mental health services to help you with therapy tricks to question and dismiss these thoughts in your mind?

From what i remember you are not on anti psychotic.

Maybe you must see new doctor.

2 Likes