Haldol ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ’Š

Who takes haldol? What are the side effects??

Itโ€™s a older 1st gen Ap and movement disordersโ€ฆ

1 Like

The better question is prolly โ€œwhos taken haldol?โ€ as to most people canโ€™t tolerate the side-effects, i know i couldnโ€™t

1 Like

I am miserable and feel like โ– โ– โ– โ– . I am officially desperate. I can not do this anymore. I dont know which stupid med to take and feel like a normal person. I would take geodon but the side effects were so severe. I need to take 80 by 80 for it to work but it reversed my sleep cycle so i wouldnt have a functional life. :sob:

Perhaps you could try something over than just meds?

I feel like โ– โ– โ– โ–  and can not function. I got fired twice and talking to myself all day long and thinking extreme negative for the past 2 years. I can not take this anymore. I want to be normal and happy in society. I can not take more humiliation. I am 28 and have a lot of friends

What therapys have you not tried?

I am doing cognitive therapy but it is shitty. I have a dysfunction i can not control. How am i supposed to control my thoughts?!

What about gabapentin - that makes people euphoric.

Maybe youโ€™re lost in reacting to them and you should just watch them come then fade without reacting to them. Possibly labeling them in your head as thoughts as well.

Itโ€™s what I got taught to do.

1 Like

I am not only reacting, i am also talking to myself

I take haldol, a dose of about 30 mgs a day. I started shaking about a year ago. The doctor thinks Iโ€™m exaggerating. But he did prescribe something to help.

I canโ€™t fully remember what I got taught to alleviate thatโ€ฆ

I think it was something about focusing on my jaw and how it feels, how warm it feels and any tingling.

Itโ€™s not one of my main problems anymore.

Itโ€™s just that i have been ill for the past 5 years and it is only getting worse. I am not sure where i will be in 8 years.

How do you deal stress?

1 Like

I sing and listen to music, smoke. Shower, take ativan

I like computer games, meditation and going to the gym.

I also like yoga, but Iโ€™m a beginner.

One of the meds Iโ€™m on is haldol. It definitely helps me feel more โ€œnormalโ€โ€ฆ it helps me also with agitation. Itโ€™s pretty fast acting but you need to find out less of what other people are on and more of what medicine will work specifically for you. What works wonders for one could do nothing for another person.

Also haldol for me doesnโ€™t make me gain weightโ€ฆmaybe it could work for you but who knows. Iโ€™m sorry youโ€™re going through a rough patch. I really hope things get better

1 Like

Maybe music :notes: a :coffee: of tea and a cigarette time?

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been intersted in this med lately bcoz ppl say it takes effect quickly. My Seroquel xr simply isnโ€™t taking effect fast enough, maybe I need to try the Ir.