Haldol πŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’Š

Haldol would be down at the bottom of my list. It’s got a lot of side effects.

1 Like

Have you tried Geodon. I’ve taken that drug without side effects for a long time. I really hated Haldol, though.

Haldol is good for anxiety I find. but personnaly it gave me an agitation. but I am a strange case. I found it not so bad in general, it calms well :slight_smile:

Haldol has been a good med for me

1 Like

Geodon reversed my sleep cycle. I would pass out drugged in the mornings after taking it and in the evenings I had extreme insomnia and stayed awake and wired till morning. so I can not have a functional life. Plus the half life is so short that during the day I would go a little crazy and agitated.

I take only 1 mg Haldol for 37 years. Am sensitive to sunlight on it. Am more peaceful and stable on it. I also take 25 mg Seroquel, partly for sleep. I am sensitive to meds and can only take small doses.

Exposure therapy helped my anxiety. I practice The Recovery Method of Abraham Low which is an older CBT system.

Maybe you didn’t see this post I made, those 2 techniques really helped me. Not completely free of it yet but mostly when I have β€œconversations” they stay in my head now.

I’ve never had a regular sleep cycle. Maybe that’s why Geodon didn’t bother me.

I took haldol for about 15 years but I put on a lot of weight. I’m now on Abilify and feel a lot better. Losing weight now. Slowly but surely. Abilify is expensive but if u have health insurance it might pay for it. Abilify is a second generation drug so there r less side effects. For sz it’a the best drug I’ve found. Of course I feel a little irresponsible saying to try Abilify when out brain chemistries our so different. We’re all different so different meds do different things