Are you any good at

Are you any good at art
I used to go art classes and tutor told me I had “something”
I love art
Anyone else like art or have any talents

1 Like

My brother and sister are quite good at art but I am not. I have the ability of a not very talented 5-6 year old.

Same here. If I can draw a stick figure, it’s a good day.

I’m probably the same
My brother is really good at cartoons I told him to sell them but he sent them and didn’t get any response

My idea of a cat is a small blob for the head with a bigger blob for the body.

1 Like

With four vertical lines? Yeah, me too! :smiley:

That’s about right. Two for the feet and two for the whiskers.

1 Like

There are 3 things I should NEVER be allowed to do…cook, paint a wall, or draw. I burn toast, I get paint everywhere, including on the ceiling, and my drawing “skills” are horrendous.

I occasionally burn toast. My worst is letting saucepans boil dry. When it comes to painting walls I leave that up to my youngest step daughter and her two children.

I’m actually not bad at art. I took it in high school and the teacher was a nazi. He’s cool though, just quite rigid in class. I still draw for fun sometimes. I’ve lost my ability to paint still life and such but I can draw the human body fairly well, it crosses with my exercise science interests. I keep a book called “Strength Training Anatomy” on my nightstand and know it pretty well. It has anatomical illustrations of every exercise you can think of.

I’m also a little homosexual.

1 Like

I have pretty extensive knowledge of Photoshop. Used to do digital artwork and photo mashups but my computer is fried and all I have left is a crappy laptop my mom gave me. I even bought a graphic tablet at some point and was kind of blown away by how this technology works. :flushed:

Lol :laughing:!!!

1 Like

I’m working at cleaning up my studio. When I do it, my art is stained glass and mosaics.

2 Likes

That’s a good hobbie!

I write a lot of poetry. I’ve been in my college’s magazines every semester I attended (and the poems were voted on anonymously [they didn’t know who wrote them]). My professor saw great potential in me so he helped me make a magazine with just my poetry. So I have over 30 poems copyrighted if that means anything. I’m just recently been looking into getting published, but I feel so intimidated and nervous. However, I don’t think I’ll give up. And regardless, I’m going to write poetry the rest of my life.

I use to draw a lot when I was younger, but that talent has sort of left me and I haven’t had the will to pick it back up. I also wrote short stories/flash fiction.

1 Like

I am an ok writer. I think to be a good writer, you have to be well read. trouble is I cant focus long enough to catch everything. i’d like to train my brain to be more adept at reading. guess only thing to do is to read more.

one of my charcoal practice sheets, it’s pretty old, I just found it on Facebook.

2 Likes

I have to say, you don’t need talent to be good at something. Practice makes perfect.

1 Like

My hands simply will not do what I want them to do. I could never paint. I’ve always wished I could paint the beauty of light at night. That really gets me.

1 Like