Your Favorite Movie Quotes

“This is an '81 Honda - how dare you?!”

-Employee of the Month

2 Likes

“All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain” - BladeRunner

2 Likes

I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it any more! - “Network” 1976

2 Likes

“Are you going to do something or are you just going to stand there and bleed”?
Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russel) to bully (Billy Bob Thorton) in bar after bitch slapping him three times drawing blood and the bully just backs down and does nothing.
“Tombstone”

From Chitty Chitty Bang Bang…

Truly Scrumptious: “Mr Pots! You’re children were truant from school today!!”

Mr Pots:“Bah! That’s okay. The other kids will catch up.”

I could never do the whole movie/tv show quotes because I don’t really memorize things that way, like text or dialogue, concepts sure, just not stuff like that.

Okay, there was this one short film from all the indie films I used to watch on Sundance channel and IFC called Bartleby. It was “I prefer not to”

I’ve noticed that quoting from movies and tv is popular. It was cool to do and I always felt left out when this was going on. But I knew a guy once who probably had asperger’s syndrome, techy guy who frequented the coffee shop I worked at. He’d memorized the entire dialialogue of every Simpsons episode ever made. And this was apparently extremely uncool and left him austricized, talked down to and alone. I was always very friendly to him.

It’s funny, in small doses something can be popular and cool, do it savant stylee and you’re a nerd who’s treated like a little kid.

“What I mean is, things like that happen. They may seem might cruel and unfair, but that’s how life is a part of the time. But that isn’t the only way life is. A part of the time, it’s mighty good. And a man can’t afford to waste all the good part, worrying about the bad parts. That makes it all bad”
― Fred Gipson, Old Yeller

“You can cause a lot of pain, and suffering when you try to dig up the past.” - The Man from Snowy River

“Time is a gift, precious and rare. Take it and make of it all you can. Use all you can, there’s not a moment to spare.” - The Phantom Tollbooth

“You’re Candor. You’re not supposed to lie.” - Divergent

“My wife has always been eager to change the world. But I’ll just settle for understanding it first.” - Transcendence

“You’ve got to finish what you start.” - The Real Genius

“Best defense is a good offense. Or is that the other way around?” - Wolverine in one of the X Men movies.

“Your backup plan! You’ve gotta have a backup plan, right?” - Armageddon

And, last but not least:

“You’re not the Devil. You’re practice.” - Batman Begins

favorite quote that should be from a movie is from david bowies song china girl.

“My little china girl, you shouldn’t mess with me.”

I’m here to chew gum and kick ass…and i’m all out of gum!

They Live by John Carpenter…if you don’t like Carpenter films your a hack.

Rogueone.

2 Likes

English ■■■■■■■■■■■■.Do you speak it.

Pulp Fiction.

“In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!”

2 Likes

Magic Legs- lieutenant Dan- Forest Gump haha idk why that has stuck in my head

its the only thing i can think of right now

We came we saw we kicked…- “Stripes” I believe

Here’s looking at you, kid. - Casa Blanca -

frankly my dear…

1 Like

Stellaaaa! - A Street Car Named Desire

not my very favorite, but i like it

“I am Peter Pan,” from Michael Jackson’s “Living With Michael Jackson.”