Yesterday was bad - Antipsychotic medications and overheating

What’s your job, Flame? Do you need to go in to work tomorrow?

I really can’t advise you as to what you should do, in terms of whether to take your med or not tonight.

If your symptoms worsen or you have additional symptoms developing you should go to the ER.

Also, definitely contact your pdoc first thing in the morning and tell them that it’s urgent.

Here’s a link to the NAMI website with information on prolixin including side effects of the medication.

http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Treatment/Mental-Health-Medications/Fluphenazine-(Prolixin)

1 Like

Not sure if this is an option - but can you pill-split? i.e. take half your normal dose?

How about a cold shower?

Hope you’re feeling better flame. :heart:

Don’t be afraid to go to the ER.

1 Like

I had something similar happen whilst on abilify.

I was in hospital at the time and kept on telling them I needed to see a Dr.

They gave me a blood test and changed my meds after I threw up omelet through my nose.

1 Like

Ah that’s terrible…

How’re you feeling this morning @flameoftherhine ?

Not very well…I feel like I’ve been left to the snakes…the local mental health system is terrible…I’m thinking about asking my mom to come stay with us for a little while to help with my little one until I’m on meds again…but I don’t want to burden her…how are you @moonbeam

2 Likes

I agree that the mental health services don’t seem very responsive. I think you should discuss the situation with your mom and see if she can come stay with you. Does she live locally?

Also, remember that if things get worse, you should go to the ER.

I’m doing ok, but have to head off to work now. I’ll try to get back on the forum during my lunch break.

1 Like

My mom lives in California…so no I live in tn…thanks for asking how I’m feeling…I don’t want to go to the er but I will if it gets worse…hope you have a good day at work…

1 Like

Well, maybe your mom would enjoy coming out for a visit and to help with the little one. Definitely talk to her about it—that’s what mom’s are for. :relaxed:

1 Like