Writing diaries and journals

I like to write my diary entries, in the past 10 hours I have written 14 pages in my paper notebook. It is the early morning here in eastern Finland and I am awake, just having some coffee and writing. Sometimes I just sit on my chair and my paper notebook and a pen is in the front of me and I wait thoughts to come to my mind, and well thoughts came, I wrote about my life in America and my marriage and divorce and so on. I am also interested in some special matters and I write these, I hardly ever write any political matters, well I do not follow politics. I think that writing these diary entries is very therapeutic.

3 Likes

“An unexamined life is not worth living.” - Plato

2 Likes

Hi, @mjseu! I’m happy that you’re expressing your thoughts (and maybe emotions) on a journal/diary. I do it as well (just procrastinated a little bit these days, but I want to do it again) and it helps me a lot to organize my thoughts and become aware of my emotions.

I also use a Brazilian app called Cíngulo. It’s an app that you write about things that are good and/or bad for you and also things you learned during the day.

3 Likes

I do it as well becasue my counselor recommemded it to me. I have difficulty remembering what happened because of this illness, but diary helps me to turn my thoughts into a.language. And this process is important especially for me who don’t talk much im my life with no opportunity expressing my thoughts. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.