Worried about my insomnia

Been 36 hours since I slept. Can’t sleep for the life of me even though I am on seroquel

2 Likes

Worrisome! Worth calling the pdoc for.

2 Likes

Oh that’s a bad trip, I usually pass out between 24 and 36 hours. You should lay down and watch something and see if you fall asleep :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I agree with @naturallycured.
It’s time to call the pdoc.

5 Likes

I went 72 hours this last week with only 7 hours of sleep. I ended up taking a cab to the VA hospital at 2 am in the morning. The doctor ordered 50 to 100 mg of Trazodone. And that’s helping.

Do you normally have insomnia?

If its not normal for you I imagine you should consider contacting your hospital. They probably have someone on call you can talk to, or someone they can transfer your call to, and get you help.

Sleep is very important for the mentally ill.

3 Likes

That’s a sign of relapse. Please call someone on your medical team.

Seems like spring gives a different mindset, I always have issues sleeping around this time of year. I hope you can get sleep, and it levels off for you. Once we get used to this different season, I think it will be easier to get the bodys clock back.

Is it one of those things where you try to go to sleep for the night but you just dont sleep at all? I have those sometimes, dont worry though you will be shattered the next day. I can remember you saying you messed up your sleeping pattern, maybe that is why.

I had a relapse when that happened wit seroquel. Took additional sleep med for week

Gonna try and get an early night tonight.

U got Good tips here i have those moments too.

1 Like

I had the same ordeal with Geodon. I had to switch APs and I also take Doxepin to help me sleep. I was going several days without sleep on a regular basis. It was awful

I had bad insomnia last week. I went over 72 hours with only 7 hours of sleep. I took a cab to the VA hospital at 2 am in the morning. The doctor there gave me a script for Trazodone 50-100 mg at night. And it really works.

1 Like

I agree.

Call the dr and get professional help.

I can start feeling psychotic if I don’t get lots of sleep :zzz: and go so long with out sleep.
Remember we are extra sensitive and need our sleep.

Wishing you great zzzzleep.

:heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.