Worried about my dog

My dog has been doing this weird teeth chattering thing for a while now. I don’t know when it started, but it is happening more and more often- several times a day. It even happens in her sleep. I didn’t think much of it until my husband mentioned that it could be a neurological condition. I started reading up on it and found that it can be from a few things:
~The cold (unlikely given that she’s an indoor 24/7 dog)
~Bad teeth (which were fine at her most recent vet visit)
~Getting excited (probably not since it’s often happening when she lying down or even sleeping)
~Focal motor seizures which can be discreet and unnoticeable except for the teeth chattering
Seizures are very prevalent in Australian Shepherds, and she is an older dog (10 1/2), so I am really worried. I hope that vet can see her ASAP and figure out what’s going on. She is a good girl, but she misbehaves at the vet’s, so hopefully, it won’t take too much testing to figure it out, because she hates that place/those workers with a passion.

3 Likes

Hope your dog is :ok_hand: ok

1 Like

my dog does that too, and I wonder what it is.

It doesn’t happen too often, but seriously, I think she has anxiety.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say but it could be seizures.
But the good news is that there are meds like anticonvulsants for them.

My 7 year old shih tsu has seizures. But he hasn’t had one since we put him on medication. Can you take him to the vet?

Hope you can get her in to see the vet soon and she gets the treatment she needs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.