The Cubs are on their way!

2 Likes

Omg Jon and rhubot!

Yes

Yes

3 Likes

Wow, that’s huge! Congrats guys :smile:

3 Likes

It’s amazing. It’s a whole new world. Anything’s possible.

Seriously, the team nickname is The Loveable Losers. There are many, many, many songs about their hopelessness.

Lots of other teams have talked about being cursed, but the Cubs actually were (with a really dumb curse). A dude tried to take his goat to the World Series in 1945 and they wouldn’t let him into Wrigley Field, and so he announced, “Goatless, they shall be win-less.” Stupidest curse ever, but it was real.

Anyway. This is amazing. Every Cub fan was just waiting for the meteor to hit the field, because there was no way they could possibly win.

1 Like

:smile: Was a goat snuck in this time? :smile:

1 Like

WE HAVE SNUCK SO MANY GOATS IN OVER THE YEARS! :goat: Seriously, they tried it over and over, but no dice. Guess it was just that particular goat who had to be there.

2 Likes

:smile: Glad you guys won though, you deserve it for sticking to your team all these years

1 Like

Steve Bartman you can come out of the woodworks now :smile:

Wait til the Jets win the superbowl
Then I will deserve it for sticking with my team all these years
Oh wait that’ll never happen again :frowning:

1 Like

Poor Steve Bartman. I hope his life is good, wherever he is. It was never his fault.

For any non-Americans.

It was a good game but Baseball needs to speed up the games. The relievers take forever to throw the ball. To many mound visits. On top of that the relievers got to good. You got 6ft 7in pitchers throwing 98mph fastballs and 89mph sliders. Good news the commissioner wants to make changes to the game. He wants to put a 20 second pitch clock like they have in the minors. Reduce mound visits. He wants to change the strike zone to reduce the strikeouts. I love this commissioner. He can move baseball forward.