Windows 11 is Now Automatically Enabling OneDrive Folder Backup Without Asking For Permission

4 Likes

speaking of computer problemsā€¦im trying to change my homepage from msn.com to yahoo.com

but i have no such luck. Cannot figure out sucha thing to save the life of me. Iā€™m using microsoft edge and it doesnt seem to be an option. The google suggestions simply are non-existant setting options :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Itā€™s been doing this to me for years. I donā€™t WANT to pay a monthly fee so you can do something Iā€™ve asked you not to do several times!

1 Like

Ya, Iā€™m not a fan.

1 Like

Thank God for Linux.

4 Likes

New to windows 11 intel and having so much problems

Laptop keeps running when lid closed
Keyboard locks up unless I reboot
A lot of reboots to fix random freezes

All I run is edge and overwatch

1 Like

Are you talking about edge? I use firefox.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s really slow but I got used to it.

Itā€™s been about 2 mos.

I should switch. The lag on the edge browser is really bad.

I wonder if itā€™s like chrome collecting info

1 Like

Is linux polished? Or something you have to tinker a lot.

I guess not an option for playing blizzard games

Probably. I stopped using chrome years ago.

I heard people use privacy browsers now like ā€œbraveā€. I used to use Opera too.

TFW you cannot uninstall edge or ā€˜explorerā€™ anymore lol.

1 Like

Wow okay 151515

It depends on the distro and hardware. Linux isnā€™t an OS but a kernel and other OSes are built on top of it. Some like Ubuntu require minimal management. Most games will run but if thereā€™s a kernel anti-cheat youā€™re out of luck. Itā€™s pretty polished these days. If you want to try it you can make a boot flash drive and you can use it without installing it.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind a basic system that just has a browser and launches games.

Iā€™ll ai it and see if that exist

1 Like

This site is useful to check if you can run a certain game on Linux.

https://areweanticheatyet.com/

1 Like

Just get MacOs lol. I mean, theyā€™re more expensive, but theyā€™re pretty.

I think Blizzard (WoW, Diablo, etc.) work on Mac by default. I used to play video games on Mac in High School. I either had to buy a mac version or do some ā€˜workā€™. But, I never played video games on Linux. I prefer Windows for that. windows is nice for me.

I used to be obsessed or love Battlefield 4 on PC. I cannot afford a good GPU anymore :wink:

If I can get some extra money, Iā€™m thinking of buying a Mac Air or Mac Mini for school or w/e. I donā€™t know. Just a thought.

1 Like

Overwatch wonā€™t run natively on Mac.

Im gonna ask ai about stripping an os down to basics if that is an option so there are no random things running the background.

If Linux can do that I would switch

1 Like

Noticed that myself. I just exit the app when i boot up the machine - and usually i put it in sleep mode when im finished so it stays that way.

Im sure some clever sod on the internet will find a way around it if you google it.

1 Like

AI as in Artificial Intelligence? I use ChatGPT sometimesā€¦

Iā€™m not familiar with over-watch, but I guess people use software (virtual box/machine) to run games on Mac or w/e. People play games on Linux too with special packages or software I think.

Iā€™m pretty average, but I plan on getting a BS in Computer Science soon online. I, too, want to learn the inner workings of OS and computers and understand how they work at a fundamental level as well as do programming for a job someday like web developer or even something crazy like blockchain.

I donā€™t know your level or interest, but if youā€™re looking for a bare basic system, you could always try ā€˜Linux from scratchā€™ or something, but itā€™s hard lol. Iā€™ve only dabbled a bit in Linux and have basic understanding (some basic experience years ago) of Fedora and Ubuntu.

Iā€™m currently dual booting Windows 11 and ZorinOS. In general, Linux is free and more secure. I think itā€™s a nerd thing tbh.

Thereā€™s probably hundreds or more different Linux distributions. You could try an easy one first like Ubuntu. More advanced ones might be like ArchLinux (more ā€œbare-bonesā€) and stuff like that.

Iā€™m not really a fan of the ā€˜cloudā€™ but itā€™s nice and convenient like Windows. I also have in the past used Dropbox and One Drive. There are so many good products out there.

Sorry for derailing the thread. Feel Free to message me or somethingā€¦

@Kxev

1 Like