Will schizophrenia medication reduce lifespan for years?

@labratmat yes my dad also said that in the future big breathroughs are expected in health
that will greatly increase life expectancy.

You gonna, keep take medicine, it is gonna happen!

I think the people who arenā€™t taking medications should share their secret. Itā€™s a hard choice to lose 22 years off a persons life span without exploring the alternatives.

For me I think gut health (Amy Myers, Functional Medicine) is the key as to why I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ medication. I also take 30 supplements. The most important for positive symptoms were Kava Kava & Green Tea Sourced Theanine ( much more powerful than Now brand).

Also biofeedback was extremely powerful. I do one called Open Focus. Essentially, using a 15 minute exercise a person can generate an immense amount of alpha waves. There is also brain entertainment like binaural beats on youtube. Alpha andTheta waves to create calm. And lastly there is heartmath. Heart math and Open Focus can feel immensely pleasurable.

Also let me leave you guys with an article that compares the 2 approaches.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2074229-rethinking-schizophrenia-taming-demons-without-drugs/

Yes it is, but in your first paragraph you are already misrepresenting what scientific study says. There is some evidence that states that if a person can find recovery through the least amount of medication then they have a better prognosis. There is absolutely no evidence that for persons presenting with a sz diagnosis that they do better with no medication. You see even the first quoted scientific evidence is flawed because it self selects a population that are already likely to be of a good prognosis and deselects a population that have a poorer prognosis. Regardless what I would state is that a person should avoid a situation where they are overmedicatedā€¦

Iā€™m not wrong. Just skim the article your selves. Youā€™re probably referring to a different article.

Iā€™m talking about the one I just posted.

"Not wrong"
Thats a big claim.

The thing with evidence, is you have to wade through lots of itā€¦

I have hundreds of articles Iā€™ve collected about schizophrenia and improving the brain. Itā€™s my singular focus. I plan on reversing this thing. Though it may not be possible.

Well @Gnash there are lots of people that are not in a state to read.
I am not in a good shape so far as physical fitness is concerned recently, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s due to meds.
Anyhow I have to continue with the meds.

1 Like

Its not an all or nothing , I think.

Persons could take some meds, minimal, or if they are lucky to find recovery without them then no meds. But its the inbetween that kills peopleā€¦ie no point finding recovery at a time where your body has being destroyedā€¦

1 Like

I have no evidence that my recent physical problems are due to medications.

@meteor if my body was being destroyed. I think I would be determined to get it healthy. To me that means meat fruits and vegetables.

I think taking meds will not destroy the body at minimal dosage meds are therapeutic BUT no fitness cigarettes and poor lifestyle will destroy the body with or without meds poor mental habit and a autodistruttive psychology plays a major role

I can tell these meds are doing my body harm

1 Like