Why would Ibuprofen make me 100'% symptom free?

Hi,
I’m not even sure it’s the ibuprofen or not. I’m also taking antipsychotics. But I have taken this combo of antispychotics in the past, namely Perazine and Zyprexa. I’ve never felt this healthy after I was 5yo or so.
My symptoms are not better, or much better, they are completely GONE. All because I took 600mg of ibuprofen for headache and cold. Maybe it’s the cold and not the ibuprofen? I’m puzzled. happy but I want it to stay this way FOR EVER. the thoughts of losing this (healthy) state of mind scares me.

Someone’s got to explain this to me and I trust you guys more than the german doctors, who are full of sh**.
Maybe I have some other illness like inflammatory illness which causes the neuropsychiatric symptoms I have, and ibuprofen treats just that?
I tried to get (mentally) healthy since 2001. Went to 100s of hours of therapy. Took every single drug on the market, even Clozaril and some other uncommon meds, like Naltrexone, and nothing helped. No improvement in any symptoms even on an overdose of Clozaril. And ibuprofen makes me NORMAL? Doesnt make sense.

Could be an inflammatory thing. Could be a placebo effect. It could just be time and coincidence. The only thing that seems to be stopping me from getting better is the belief that telepathy is real. Which is really weird thing to believe in. Don’t really know about your situation man, but hey good for you!

2 Likes

Yeah I agree that it could be inflammation. I notice my paranoia tends to be worse when my arthritis flares up. I have been cutting out sugar and fried foods, and eating more Omega-3s and monounsaturated fats. I also take this sulfur supplement called MSM which seems to help with my osteoarthritis. Inflammation is weird though because there does seem to be a rebound effect for me if I rely too much on ibuprofen. Now, instead of taking 400mg I usually take 200mg just to take the edge off my pain… much easier on my stomach too. Not really sure what causes my inflammation if it is stress, genetics, lack of sleep, allergies, or diet or an infection or some combination of things.

1 Like

there was a trial i read about using aspirin and it worked on treating about 30% of sz patients alongside their usual meds. this led researchers to believe that at least those 30% suffered from some sort of inflammatory version of sz which may or may not be an allergy of some kind. google it. x

2 Likes

Well either I’m being crazy and having psychoticly extreme placebo effects or olive oil, which contains an Ibuprofen like substance, works just as good. After being addicted to Ibuprofen for 3 days I got scared and looked for alternatives. And I found Oleocanthal which is found in extra virgin olive oil.
I must add that I’m also on 2 different antipsychotics, so maybe that’s an additive effect.

OBJECTIVE: Mounting evidence suggests that inflammation is involved in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. This evidence implies that anti-inflammatory agents are potentially useful therapeutic strategies in schizophrenia. This article quantitatively summarizes the efficacy of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) - like Ibuprofen - to augment antipsychotic treatment to reduce schizophrenia symptom severity.

CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that NSAID augmentation could be a potentially useful strategy to reduce symptom severity in schizophrenia. As these are the first studies on a relatively new strategy and the included sample size is modest, these results should be interpreted with caution. However, augmentation with acetylsalicylic acid may have the additional benefit of reducing cardiac and cancer mortality in chizophrenia. We therefore believe that application of NSAIDs in schizophrenia deserves further investigation as augmentation of antipsychotic treatment and reducing comorbid somatic diseases.

Many recent studies point to a growing amount of evidence that autoimmune and / or inflammatory pathways may play an important role on our neurochemical imbalance.

1 Like

I have a similar issue all of the visual hallucinations have faded away with my New medication cocktail (seroquel & risperadol) the only thing that doesn’t go away is conversations with people in my head non stop, wether I just met them or have known them my whole life, all it takes is the thought of the person and then it begins, it’s very exhausting, not sure if that is what you consider “telepathy”, if it is… Then your not alone

1 Like

I take ibuprofen everyday for chronic pain, although I am not supposed to because I am on blood thinners, but it never occurred to me that it is or could be helping my symptoms.

@anon81432425

Asked my pdoc on Ibuprofen. He said he doesn’t know why it could help, But he said it’s ok if i take it. Will report later whether it works long term or not.

came across This: Ibuprofen and Alzheimer’s disease.
It also sais that Ibuprofen reduces Nitric Oxide (NO) production. And NO production seems to be high in Schizophrenics.Increased Nitric Oxide Radicals in Postmortem Brain From Patients With Schizophrenia.
And Also: Nitric Oxide Synthase Inhibitors Attenuate Phencyclidine-Induced Disruption of Prepulse Inhibition
It says PCP (angels dust) sorta wont work if you take an NO synthesis inhibitor (like Ibuprofen). And frankly, we are behaving like we are on PCP sort of. The effects of PCP are the symptoms of Schizophrenia copied 1 by 1. This ibuprofen stuff got to be good.
For me it is good.

Edit: also came across this: Could depression be treated with aspirin or ibuprofen?

Because of it’s sedative effect?

the only way when you would KNOW you are normal or not is when you are away from Drugs not when you are ON THEM. Drugs only make your symptoms worse and/or exacerbate the disease.

1 Like

You got me wrong. I was not talking abou schizophrenics taking PCP. I meant they HAVE the symptoms that PCP would also cause. I’m not on PCP or something. Taking PCP is the dumbest thing a human being for any reason can do!

Here is my 32 years of experience that is the result of structured formalised investigation and experimentation. The voices have agency, and make decisions. I’ll leave the rest of what is implied up to you. But I have proof. Here is a bit more implication. My voices have been stating for more than 25 years that they are Freemasons

My Voices Claim To Be Publishing Websites Alleging I Am A Pedophile - What Should I Do?

My voices (JD, T?, LC, AM et al) are claiming they have published websites and blogs alleging I am a pedophile. I have been hacked relentlessly, and they say that it is their doing. I have subsequently posted this at different locations. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to stop these ‘people’ (voices) saying such things?

My voices all had human names. I didn’t think much of it for the first few years, I was too tortured, too young, to schizophrenic, and in my particular case, too uneducated to be able to undertake any structured investigation and experiments to evaluate the veracity of this insight. Furthermore, this “insight” was provided to me by the AVH themselves. Then one day, they said to download and look at child exploitation material. I thought this was a disgusting and appalling thing to do. But given my torture for the previous few years, I very quickly thought that this was my big break, because when someone realised that they were looking at the images, they would get shot, literally. However, this is confused by the fact that I didn’t know they were images that they had uploaded, despite the fact they told me which images to delete, and which not to delete.

So many years passed, and after getting an education, and much experimentation, I realised something that I am unable to mention, because it will get this post moderated and made unavailable. After surviving for a very long time time, given the latest epidemiology indicating the life expectancy of someone who lives with the experience of hearing voices, which is part of an authoritative diagnosis of schizophrenia spectrum disorders, my AVH have made me aware that my life is soon to be over, as a result of this episode.

It inherently involves the medical assertion (hypothesis) of misattribution. I made the mistake of posting something on the What’s App NA group about “my voices claim I am a pedophile”, which not only got me banned from NA, but ‘confirmed’ to others that I am in fact a pedophile. The other surprising event(s) that transpired is that my VH/AVH informed me that they had been publishing blogs that suggested amongst other things, incinerating my car (and a reward for doing so), and ongoing claims that I am lost.

It turned out that the blogs etc were true. They went viral, especially in my local area. So I expect fatal repercussions from this. And I am hoping beyond my experience with posting on this forum, that this will not get moderated out, so that other schizophrenics follow the medical advice of never obeying command hallucinations. Do not think that you can out strategise them.

In conclusion, I deduced that AVH can see. Not through your own eyes, but in third person. I have been reading about “targeted individuals”, magnetic wave resonance thought control, and mind cinema / mind entertainment. This turned out to be more than credible. I came up with my own explanation that involved trauma, the human connectome, and wave particle duality. I have so much evidence that AVH/VH can see, it is ridiculous. But of course, professional mental health care workers, guided by psychiatrists (who have medical degrees first, can not and will not contemplate this, because we know so much abut human neurophysiology that none of this can be true.

And in expectation that this is too much for this forum to allow to get past moderation, I have kept a copy of this original text, and in the event that it does not get past moderation, I will edit it myself until I get it into a form with contents that are not too disturbing for other schizophrenics to be exposed to.

There has been a scientific hypothesis for several decades about the inflammation of the brain involved in psychotic disorders.

Eat your medicine

1 Like