Why MI is not graceful?

It’s not good to have any disease or illness or sickness.

But I thought other diseases or conditions are bit graceful and derives sadness or sympathy or pity from others. Whereas psychosis or depression or any other MI with serious symptoms derives irritation, exhaustion, confusion and apathy from others.

The other illness have perfect excuse but we have to pretend everything is fine and we are ok with it internally and we should deal with others same way without expressing about symptoms.

Is that how you feel or what’s your thoughts?

6 Likes

Hah. I was born with a heart defect that prevents me from running and jumping and any other form of moderate to intense aerobic activity. I was regarded as lazy and useless because I couldn’t do sports and there was relentless bullying over it. I don’t remember any sympathy, not even from phys-ed teachers who should have known better.

One of my good friends in junior high had a cleft palate and he was treated much worse than I was.

2 Likes

True, when people compare my illness, to a discomfort they face in hot weather, it infuriate me.
Like my friend said:
Everyone has problems it just a matter of levels.
So I have a problem or you have one,
we all should look at it in same level.
Because you can withstand your problem,
So shall I can withstand mine.

1 Like

Some people can’t show compassion, period.

You could be paralyzed, blind, deaf-mute, autistic, intellectually challenged, bipolar, hiv-positive, they would remain indifferent; or worse, blame you for it (esp people suffering with aids - “oh, they slept around too much”; or people with sz - “crazy psychopats”; etc)…

People who can’t love judge others instead.
People who can’t think judge others instead.
People who’ve failed to find purpose in their lives judge others.

Huge amount of judging gets passed around.

4 Likes