Why does a sz likes having delusions

Hate having delusions or hallucinations,
like my mind clear and mood postive.

1 Like

I don’t like delusions. I don’t have them anymore and I don’t miss them. I’m not sure why they left but the majority of the voices’ power over me left with them. I just stayed on meds and hoped for the best. Now I could probably talk about things like beliefs without sz getting in the way, but this forum probably isn’t the best place for that so I just chat about day to day stuff most of the time.

I know sometimes it feels like people want to believe their delusions on here but that’s just part of the disorder. I was in step with my delusions when I had them and was convinced they had some foot in reality. For me reality checking helps but for some people I guess it doesn’t.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy my delusions one bit. They can go take a long walk on a lshort pier for all I care.

1 Like

Some delusions make my life more interesting, less pathetic, more grandiose, and makes me feel special. I’m talking about specific ones.

But they’re all bad in the end. They trigger me.

I’m glad I rarely have the paranoid ones anymore. Those are the worst.

1 Like

I don’t like delusions. I like having sanity. Clear logical thinking. I quit getting high and drunk because I like sobriety. And staying away from mind altering substances helped the meds to work better and my mind to be clearer. It took time for me to wise up. The short term numbing of drugs and/or alcohol is seductive, even pleasurable, but in the end it only did me harm.

2 Likes

My psychotic break was draining, but it wasn’t uninteresting. I felt a lot of emotion and excitement. I know I couldn’t sleep for a day and then I was sedated and I lost track of time after that.

Presently I don’t believe in my old delusions, but who knows it might seem more real during another break. I stay on my meds to avoid having to roll those dice.

2 Likes

I did not feel good when I had heaps of delusions I isolated and was not feeling well and I went years with out laughter.
I just never laughed.
Not even once a month and not even in spirit.

Having voices felt like torture to me 24/7 but when they went away and I had heaps of delusions that wasn’t fun either.
I even had them about the only person I could comfortably have a short chat with .

1 Like

Schizophrenics have delusions because they are what seem more real than objective reality. Sometimes when medicated they cling to the delusions because they make them feel better than the actual reality they live in, which may not have a lot going for them.

3 Likes

I have a tortured relationship with them. I think that we have a special connection to another world that no one else wants to hear about, and the medication is denying the vision to see it.

The only reason I take the medication now is because I realise that you have to conform to the rules that are here. I hate it. I know there was special meaning behind everything I experienced, and the doctors had heard it all before and they know full well what they’re doing.

You have to play their game or you lose.

1 Like

Its nice when my initial delusions make me feel special initially and seem to be making out the spiritual world is real. If I really had that spiritual gift and it was HUNDRED percent controlled that would be pretty Dam cool. But I don’t know if spiritual world like that exists and it always gotten scary and horrid after a while so therefore that makes me not like the delusions.

1 Like

Delusions of any kind are bad, whether they are from paranoia or grandeur. Grandeur certainly feels better, but both will wreak your life up

1 Like

I don’t know if they’re stupid or not, or if “stupid” is the word for it, but I have been struck at times by how the common man is pretty bloodthirsty. They have a “Kill them all. Let God sort them out.” attitude. They can be great guys, but I sure don’t want them to have political power.

1 Like

I like the men that get things done. That was once my motto: I get things done

I think what scares people is admitting their delusions are delusions.
It’s not fun to have to come to terms with the fact that what felt so real to you was just your mind playing tricks.

2 Likes

No one enjoys psychosis. It is a severe mental disorder with or without organic damage, with degeneration of normal intellectual and social functioning and complete or partial withdrawal from reality. Your question exhibits a complete lack of understanding and empathy for those suffering such a disease process.

2 Likes

Well one has to consider the purpose of the delusion. Grandiose delusions I’ve found are usually had in people who dont necessarily have bad self esteem but feel like they are not appreciated in life or are just in a lame place in life. Thus having these beliefs that they are special or magical or whatever helps bury these feelings. You dont have to care that you are barely functional and living with your parents etc if you secretly have amazing powers and are wanted by forces everywhere you know? It’s both an ego boost and a distraction.

Delusions can also be explanational. People with psychosis can experience terrifying and confusing things that make no sense. For example you may have no idea why shadow figures are in your room at night. A delusion helps make sense of it, maybe saying that they are demons come for your soul. It makes sense of what is happening and gives you some control over it, if you now “know” they are demons then perhaps you feel you can fight them with prayer or holy water or whatever. You can’t fight the unknown.

I hope some of that explains it. I dont think anyone would consciously say they like their delusions. I think it is more like the psychotic brain likes delusions more than people consciously like them.

2 Likes

I don’t like anything psychotic. It’s all a nightmare :frowning:

1 Like

I believe in delusions like I believe I am a good person. It’s something I don’t think my mind makes up

1 Like

When you are in the middle of delusions (mostly when I was really psychotic), it feels real. It’s part of your life. The way you think has completely changed. If the delusion you are currently experiencing feels good then you enjoy it. Often though I would go from high to low in an instance and be struck with intense fear.

A lot of people also want to believe they really have figured out the mysteries of life. You’ve found the secret key. They aren’t delusional they’re chosen. This is the worst kind of delusion, as you’ve “let it in.” You are all but gone… without meds and time, and some factual knowledge and grounding in reality.

2 Likes

When you recover from delusions there is a period of grief, sadness, and boredom. The hours stretch on, you no longer have voices to talk to, you are no longer on a great magic adventure with powers, you are simply a disabled individual in a room alone. Since recovering I’ve had to replace all that voice-talking with talking to actual real people. It’s why I spend so much time on this forum.

2 Likes