Why are some people allowed to post about their suicide attempts and other not?

I don’t understand why some people are allowed to post about their suicide attempts and others not??? Someone even posited graphic pictures of the hugely cut wrist and it was allowed. I posted about my very recent suicide attempt and it was flagged immediately and removed. I’m confused as to why. Suicide attempts are very common with sz, and where else can we go to talk about it if not here???

As soon as we see any of these posts, we are required to remove them. Sorry, but we have to follow the rules.

Also, from your post, someone else could have gotten a recipe to try and commit suicide. It was very dangerous to leave it up.

1 Like

I didn’t post a ‘farewell’ post. I described my recent suicide attempt and I did not imply I intend to try again. I simply said it didn’t work.

Posts about suicide are not allowed unless they’re in a recovery-based context. So you can ask for advice on how to deal with suicidal thoughts. You can say how you have successfully beaten suicidal thoughts in the past. You cannot post the exact recipe you used to kill yourself, and then ask why you didn’t die. I’m sorry you’re struggling right now, and I hope you get access to the help you need.