Who takes sertraline? And what for (anxiety or depression)

I’ve been reading online and I would like to take 50mg of Sertraline a day for my anxiety. It weird that I’ll be taking something that’s effects are opposite to an anti psychotic. I hope it works for me and cures my derealization once and for all.

2 Likes

All antidepressants (ssri/snri/tricyclic) worsen my psychosis except paroxetine that too upto 37.5. If I take 50mg paroxetine that worsens my anxiety and makes me restless.

1 Like

200 mg every day, it’s for my depression and OCD features

1 Like

Any side effects? Like sexual dysfunction?

50 mg daily. It helps with depression, anxiety with no side effects except my arm shakes a little rare side effect.

It just makes me feel better. And it combines with my med naltrexone so I don’t drink ever anymore thanks to the combo.

50 mg is the perfect dose for me

2 Likes

Yes, i have delayed ejaculation on paroxetine. All SSRI in my opinion causes this. Some ssri r intense in terms of sexual dysfunction, some r trivial. Some people get it, some don’t. I just ignore this side effect as I’m not married.

4-5 years ago when i was able to tolerate antidepressants, prozac worked for my anxiety but i eventually developed delayed ejaculation on it as well.

1 Like

I take 200mg a day for depression. It has benefitted me moderately. I shall stay on it.

1 Like

I’m down to 100 mg a day. Works fine for depression and OCD and probably decreasing negative symptoms (this is just a guess, I am suffering from apathy and low energy so wondering how bad would it be without anti-depressant). At first lots of anxiety and eye problems, but it got better. But 6 months on I’m getting lots of night sweating.

1 Like

I read that it helped people with premature ejaculation, but I would like to ejaculate on time with an orgasm o_O

I was on Zoloft and I regret it honestly. It worked fantastically well for my depression, anxiety, anger issues, etc but it gave me long term bladder issues. Basically it made it so I constantly had to pee really bad and it was never relieved even when I went. It improved when I quit but my bladder has never been the same and now years later I’m finally going to have to start physical therapy to fix it. This is a rare side effect though.

1 Like

I take Sertraline/Zoloft for the depression side of my schizoaffective bipolar 2 type. I take 50 mg per day. I can’t function at all without it. I tried going off of it and that was a disaster… I was so depressed and lifeless, I wanted to die…

Anyway, I wish you luck if you do try Sertraline/Zoloft for your anxiety and derealization.

1 Like