Who is your favorite singer

I think it was an accidental suicide, if Im not mistaken? Can’t remember.

I absolutely love their first album, badmotorfinger. The song Outshined still blows my mind

2 Likes

I thought they found him, overdose. I remember thinking… what a talent.

I also liked show me how to live!

1 Like

Hell yeah, excellent song :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the thread, by the way @Jake
Good call

1 Like

Alanis Morissette

She’s a massively underestimated song writer. A fantastic human being as well, or so I’ve heard. She’s gotten me through a LOT.

2 Likes

It’s funny, my buddy Dan and I were just talking about Alanis Morissette. I hadn’t heard that name in 10 years

i enjoy listening to sturgill simpson’s voice. “and i don’t need to change my strings, because dirt can’t hurt the way i sing” haha. but some of his country tunes don’t have the best instrumentals accompanying him.

2 Likes

My favorite sewing machine is a…

Err. I love the lead for Smashing Pumpkins.

:innocent:

1 Like

Wow.
Some people think she ended with Jagged Little Pill. Those people are wrong. Haha

No, seriously. Her newer albums are really amazing, too. I don’t know if you were ever a fan or not, but they’re worth a listen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neil Young, Joni Mitchell

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hard to choose but I guess I’d say Cat Stevens

1 Like

I’d have to go with Jim Morrison

1 Like

@Sue_Bee honestly, there’s not a single song Alanis Morissette did that I didn’t like. She has such an Eclectic voice, and the lyrics are amazing

2 Likes

@anon6551389 Joni Mitchell, there’s a name you don’t hear often enough anymore. Great stuff. What an amazing guitar player she was also, she never got her credit

1 Like

@Lifer I had never heard of him. I just had a listen to Sturgill Simpson “Long White Line”. Nice

1 Like

Another one is Arianna Grande. I always pick the prettiest ones lol.

1 Like

How did I forget the Chairman of the board, Ol’ Blue Eyes?

1 Like

Sarah brightman and rita ora

2 Likes

o yeah that’s a good one “new york city or st. joe, albuquerque new mexico” haha, my personal favorite of his is ‘living the dream’. he does some crossover stuff sometimes, he’s not all outlaw country. he covered nirvana’s ‘in bloom’ maybe you heard that one? it was on the university radio station here before they sold. personally i have a hard time pinning him down, if he is going to continue with his country sound or do vocals for a more mainstream sound. i love his voice, something about his accent i like. i also like chan marshall, or cat power as a female vocalist.

1 Like