Which is the side effect that you most hate?

Weight gain is the worst. I weigh 131kg don’t know how much that is in pounds

1 Like

Cognitive impairment

2 Likes

Zero motivation, and constant anxiety.

3 Likes

feeling numb and dumb

2 Likes

I hate the sexual side effects more than anything

2 Likes

Feeling intellectually impaired

3 Likes

I would say the anxiety, twitching, involuntary movements, and weight gain.

Cotton dry mouth.

2 Likes

Intrusive thoughts if it can be counted as a symptom. Also panic and anxiety attacks. Hearing and seeing voices.

weight gain and laziness

2 Likes

probably the sexual side effects. I had a healthy and satisfying sexuality without these meds and physically I was very fit. it’s some total bs that it effects your sexual health…“doesn’t feel smart” mental health is over-rated

Latuda caused me to have extreme paranoia and horrible thoughts

Hate it !!! I heard there is a mouthwash at a Walmart for dry mouth

It use to be the fatigue/low motivation. But now that’s fixed. So my problem I face that’s most challenging is feeling a bit lost. Like I know what I want to do more than ever…but I feel empty…and that empty feeling leads to distracting thoughts. Does that make sense?

edit: I know this is going to sound bad. Because for some people it is a living ■■■■■■■ nightmare. But for me it’s mild; voices. I look forward to hearing the odd sentence or paragraphs of whispers and mumbles because it makes me feel connected to something bigger. Which I know is a delusion-ish way of looking at it, but like I said…it’s always very mild and they are never mean to me.

How did you fix that ?

A combination of three drugs. Abilify (400mg injection), Vyvanse (30mg), and ativan (2x 2mg).

I tried other stuff before, like abilify oral 10mg with dexedrine 60mg, didn’t do jack but make me have racing intrusive thoughts and increased rate of occurance of voices (these voices were the annoying type, played tricks on me).

I think without the ativan I would just have racing thoughts about all my paranoid fears and worries.

Everybody’s different though. Before this combo I thought it was over for me. Just goes to show what my sister always said was true; “keep trying, work with the system, and importantly, have patience”.

So I take Vyvanse 60, Lamictal 300, Serquel 50, topamax 25… I have no energy and nauseous so I tell the Doc last week I think I’ve built up a tolerance for the Vyv. She writes me 25 Adderall XR. That’s it lady , 25? I take it for two weeks and I’m still tired, more paranoid, and angry. I go back and she says ok I’ll put you on 30. Biiiihhhh you got to be kidding me!! Not to mention that C2’s are hard to find and my doctor is in a different county than where I live. My CVS refuses to fill out of county prescriptions for controlled substances.
So I go to drop my prescription off and CVS won’t fill it because I just got 25 mg two weeks ago and the prescription that they wrote this time is for 30. He says well I need to know that you’re on 30 now instead of 25 I said well read the prescription. He was like ma’am we have to call your doctor and I was like fine go ahead but it’s Saturday in the closed … #rantover

1 Like

I’m really sorry. That does not sound very fun at all.

It really is a bitch sometimes (most times) dealing with the system.

is staring into space a lot a side effect from the meds? i blank alot…

Me too!! Or I listen but I don’t hear the message