What's your silver lining from this pandemic?

I feel equal with other normies,as I can do something for them and help them realizing that the mam they hated can be enough crazy to do some good for them.
I gained some respect from community from volunteering in tough times.

3 Likes

I see no silver lining for me personally? None. It’s done nothing but cause problems. But it’s also just really bad timing with us moving across the country in a few weeks.

1 Like

I’ve been smoking far fewer cigarettes.

2 Likes

I can stay at home more as we can’t go out to mosque or visiting which I find stressful sometimes. Only bummer is the library is shut and there’s no flea market. Otherwise I’m happy to be at home.

Also loving the fact that the world is getting a green boost. :blush::earth_africa:

1 Like

My silver lining is how many people have flocked to mutual aid groups I am a part of. I have never seen the community band together like they are now.

1 Like

My tranquility is the same it’s always been due to my practice of the philosophy of Stoicism. Basically the shutdown is out of my control so why worry. And I don’t mean to come across as insensitive to the folks who are really struggling it’s just that I am putting my belief system into practice and it is giving myself a positive benefit.

:rainbow:

2 Likes

The air outside really does seem less polluted. I don’t need to be stressed about driving for now which means my back has started to heal again. Our cat seems super happy to have us around more. I offered my tech support services to friends and family for free and actually helped a few of them without too much stress (nothing big… I helped a friend hook her laptop to a monitor and helped another friend figure out how to Skype her mom from her group home)

Still plenty to complain about… not sure if my wife has cancer or stomach polyps yet and have to go for tests despite there being a lockdown in our town.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.