What's your diagnosis so far don't start Duane

Sza depression type

1 Like

You’re so funny. And right on target every time too.

2 Likes

Thanks @SkinnyMe.

2 Likes

PDoc notes say Shizophrenia. My case worker’s notes say Schizoaffective, unspecified type.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia
Possibly PTSD

2 Likes

Love your tag line @77nick77 . BeeGee’s?

2 Likes

Same here, my mom was the one who hauled me to the psychiatrist and told her I had schizophrenia. I have never been formally diagnosed despite undergoing brain scans, psych interviews, etc. My 78 year old male psychiatrist for the past 21 years used to wince every time I would mention that I was schizophrenic, and made comments that I was “high-functioning,” whatever that means, and for all the good that does me. But my delusions have finally convinced me that I do have schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Paranoid schizophrenia.

Yep. My first choice was “I finally died, which started the whole world living.”

But I thought people would not understand and think it’s morbid.

2 Likes

I was formally diagnosed SzA when I went in on my own and talked to the psychiatrist. I went in at that time on my mom’s insistence. Maybe when I was 32, but I don’t really remember now exactly when that was. I would keep going off medications then back on them. I was uninsured back then, and was too proud to let my mom buy me my medications. But anyway, I got really bad in 2008 and my mom got a Court Order to have me involuntarily committed to the State Hospital.

2 Likes

I have been given dx’s of Paranoid Schizophrenia, Autism, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Depression

Currently not medicated for depression, but I disagreed with the doctor and thought I could tough it out, as I thought my depression was situational and a response to unfavourable conditions

Anxiety is a tough one as I have no idea if the Diazepam or Pregabalin is actually helping me. I don’t think I get enough credit for working through these issues personally.

The only Dx’s I have accepted are PSZ and ASD. The GAD and Depression I am not so sure about.

When I explain things I use very extreme language, and I am ‘black and white’ I have been told. Some things I say to my treatment team may sound brutal, but my lead practitioner is good at translating for me.

The doctor isn’t quite there yet, but we’ll see what the next few months bring meds wise with the changes

2 Likes

Awweee I’m sorry you had to go through that. I used to go off my meds before I got married and would get hospitalized too. For a good 15 years I was regular with my meds while being married, but got divorced January 2020, mostly because I stopped my meds. My problem was I didn’t like that the dose kept increasing at the behest of my mom, who would provoke me and then complain that I was irritable. I just got the Invega shot last Thursday, so I don’t have to worry about popping pills for the next 3 1/2 weeks.

2 Likes

By the way, I was hospitalized right before getting married; my mom was refusing to take me back. I would probably be in a State facility too if my ex-husband hadn’t gotten me out and I moved in with him in 2001. Are you still in the State facility? And if so, how is it?

1 Like

I was discharged after a month and went into transitional housing (homeless). Once my SSDI came through, my psychiatric care provider case manager rented the apartment I currently live in. They managed my money until 2013 or 2014 when they put in in charge of my own money. My mom wouldn’t take me back too. I live alone now. My mom died in 2018. I have a cousin who lives here, but I’m not very close to. My sister lives 1000 miles away. I don’t have any kids or got married.

3 Likes

Oh I’m glad you were able to get a home and are in charge of your own money. That’s great that you’re independent. My mom is my payee and in charge of my money from the beginning (1999).

2 Likes

schizo-affective disorder, ptsd, phobia…

2 Likes

Yeah got ptsd too.

1 Like

At this point as far as psychotic disorder goes? I don’t even know anymore.

1 Like

I’ve had alot of diagnosis throughout my life:

Skizophrenia (Mildly indicated: continuous)
Generalized Anxiety
Depression
Derealization Syndrome
PTSD

Yeah that is good too. Haha.