What's more disabling? - or + symptoms?

Positive symptoms will land me in the hospital
Not so with negatives

3 Likes

Positive symptoms are more disabling for me.

For example, I have a constant chatter in my head 24/7. Itā€™s one voice (used to be several) and hearing it it makes it hard to follow a conversation and participate in it as well as I used to.

Iā€™m fine at work as Iā€™m paying close attention. Outside of work Iā€™m relaxed and hear the voice many times over friends and, sometimes, family.

1 Like

negatives, especially since they are constant for me.

I still donā€™t know what positive and negative symptoms are and probably never will cause iā€™m too lazy to educate myself.

5 Likes

Negative symptoms hinder you, but positive symptoms wreck you.

2 Likes

I always have negatives so thatā€™s the daily hindrance but if I am having positives I am probably out of it and not able to function at all. In any capacity.

Negative symptoms

@Milly , R U ish?

Yes thatā€™s me @SkinnyMe i needed a change of name.

Positive symptoms are worse

1 Like

Today, Iā€™d tell you Iā€™m fine. When Iā€™m in catatonic terror, Iā€™d say positives. When negatives are high, Iā€™d say negatives. I think it depends on what is on the forerfront. The severity varies a lot per person. And moment.

1 Like

Negatives donā€™t make me do stupid s***. Just saying

Both equal but opposite.
Cognitive issues make both worse.

1 Like

My positives kill me. Ideas of reference, thought broadcasting, voices, the way I hallucinate visually, itā€™s a lot to take on. Negatives like the emotional side suck but more of my focus is on the positives.

1 Like

Negs for me. Iā€™ve got the positives under wraps now and can pretty much ignore them on most days. Negatives combined with long covid have me feeling like Iā€™m half dead from exhaustion 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not currently experiencing any positive symptoms.
Right now the negatives are killing me.

Iā€™m half dead

2 Likes

I hate how I spend 10 minutes thinking about why I need to do something that takes 5 minutes. Constantly.

1 Like

Dang, @Wave. You hit the nail on the head there. Iā€™ve never used those words, but ā€œhalf deadā€ is so apt a description of where Iā€™m at, too. The negatives are atrocious and have taken away my life.

1 Like

Negatives are whats considered more disabling. The drugs can pretty effectively treat positives in some regardsā€¦ Delusions are harder to nail down from my understandingā€¦ that being said I canā€™t honestly say that, when I feel I have very very mild positive symptoms.

Positives are frightening.
Negatives not

1 Like