What would you do if you recovered?

I’d either go back to university or join the army!

I think I’d find it hard to go back to uni after my illness and the army either in a part or full time capacity.

I’d also love to go blue water sailing again, but my voices sometimes tell me to jump off the boat so it’s off limits to me at the moment.

1 Like

I’d get off antipsychotics and look for a job.

3 Likes

have a party (no drugs) and just act crazy rather than being crazy :stuck_out_tongue: ‘pretty wild huh’ haha and then after i would end up in a hotel and i would wreck it and drive a bentley into the swimming pool and the get caught and plead insanity (whilst keeping my recovery to myself) haha

3 Likes

This is me now:

Maybe if I recovered, I could indeed start some sort of huge corporation.

2 Likes

You can start small and work your way up. :blush:

1 Like

I have a small business that does property maintenance. it’s small 1 to 2 crews. Does well. It has its stresses but honestly it’s probably easier for me than working for someone cuz when I feel unwell I can just not work. So flexibility is a big plus. Don’t get me wrong I’ve wanted to quit many times as well but it works.

I also try to look at business as just a game for adults. The game of life. I try not to take too serious but still be professional it that makes sense

FYI I started the business before I became ill

5 Likes

I would marry my partner, have a job after going to school for vet tech. Then either use IVF or adoption to have children with my partner.

1 Like

I would probably work full time again. Not sure in what, maybe my old job as a CSR in the tech dept. Stressful, I quit cause my symptoms were getting bad.

Right now I work at home in a contractor part time job. I am working on something to also do while I am at home, don’t know if it will go anywhere.

2 Likes

Do more of what I do now with less sleep

2 Likes

I saw my support worker today and I think I could probably get training to work from home answering calls or sales or something but I think I would get very fed up with that. The whole reason around getting work was to get out of the house :confused:

1 Like

You da man! That’s more than impressive!

1 Like

First off Dance. Because I recovered from a huge nightmare. Then I would plan on going to school have a great job move out of state and settle down.

1 Like

Recovering from SZ is not that great…It requires a lot of hard work and ignoring a lot of things that are residual hallucinations. I consider myself recovered but its a hard transition.

I work fulltime every day and its not easy…

So if you consider working and more function in your life, then that’s not all hurries.

Stress and anxiety if you do not abuses that medication…

recovery is much harder than it seems…

1 Like

I just want to reiterate, you may need anti-anxiety meds, but you cannot abuse them.

All the world is a stage.

1 Like

Good attitude…

2 Likes

I would study art & art history as much as I want and maybe I would find a job or start my own business that’s related to art.

then I would earn money to support myself, even if it wouldn’t be 100%.

1 Like

If I was 100% recovered, I would continue my keep on studying and working at the same time.

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator