What would be the least painful way to get off invega trinza?

Should i just let the shot wear off? ( max dose ) should i switch to invega sustenna? Or should i taper the trinza every 3 months

Id think the least painful way would be to start taking the pills. I got off my monthly shot of invega and back on the invega pills back in the day

1 Like

Good advice thanks i didnt think of that option

I was thinking of eventually going back to Invega pills.

I hate being poked by needles. :tired_face:

But I think the best way to get off Trinza is by going back to Sustenna and then back to pills.

1 Like

Sustenna withdrawals were hell for me but i guess i can go to pills from there

im on the pills but sometimes i think id prefer a shot. i dont fear needles but itd be nice to not have to remember to take pills everyday. also the injection is preferred by my insurance so i had to get prior authorization to be on the pills.
but since i also take sertraline and benztropine id still be taking pills anyways if i went on the shot

1 Like

id agree tho the pills are easier way to taper. u cant split them tho as they only make an extended release pill which is basically a nondigestible outer with tiny holes to release it slower. its the only pill ive ever heard of with that design. so if u taper pills u can only reduce to the minimum dose which is either 3 mg or 1.5mg

1 Like

i think theres less withdrawal with the shots cause they break down so slow. if it were me i wouldnt swtich to pills id either taper the shot or just quit it.

1 Like

What would be the least painful way to get off invega trinza?

I would do it without smacking my hand with a hammer first.

1 Like