Schizophrenia.com

What was your favorite tv show or movie when you were a kid?

I used to think, “Get Smart,” was very funny.

I watched all of those shows too headspark. But I think I liked Transformers and GI Joe the best.
You forgot ThunderCats btw.

1 Like

Yep, Thuindercats and Gobots. There may be others I’m forgetting about. I loved cartoons as a kid.

1 Like

Oh yea I also watched this:

81wE9RWvsfL.SX342

2 Likes

Its Asian anime, maybe Japanese.

Ooh, The Magic Schoolbus. That might be the best educational cartoon ever made. I don’t remember what I learned from it but Ms. Frizzle was a bad ass teacher.

2 Likes

From Wikipedia:

Captain Tsubasa is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yōichi Takahashi since 1981.

1 Like

I watched a lot of anime as a kid when I lived in Tijuana. My cousins and I used to watch Caballeros del Zodiaco. I think it’s called Knights of the Zodiac in English. I’ve heard of Captain Tsubasa never had the chance to watch it. I watched a boxing anime in which the main character always got a beating before throwing a super Kamehameha-like moves. I think it’s called Ikko Victorious Boxers. When I don’t remember much else about that one.

1 Like

Movies: Dirty Dancing, 101 Dalmatians, 3 Ninjas, Homeward Bound, Beethoven, Pocahontas, Thumbelina, The Swan Princess.

TV: Sailor Moon, Barney & Friends, Power Rangers.

2 Likes

When I was really young I watched an anime show called “speed racer”.
speed racer

2 Likes

1 Like

That guy was fashionable. He had a scarf.

@vangoghs one of the songs from Pocahontas is really awesome. That “The Colors of the Wind” one. I still think it’s a great song.

@Aziz I remember there was a big controversy about the purple teletubby being gay. That was the 90’s for you. Hah.

3 Likes

Probably The Carol Burnett Show. As a teenager, it was WKRP in Cincinnati

I’m not sure I had a favourite movie. Probably anything by Walt Disney

Dragon Ball Z!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I really enjoyed watching Sailor Moon, Xena; Warrior Princess, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (but I wasn’t a kid anymore when I saw these shows, I think I was in my late teens or early 20s). I liked that they had strong female lead characters. After a childhood of stuff geared towards boys, with male heroes (except maybe She-ra Princess of Power), it was refreshing. I also watched sci fi shows with my dad such as Doctor Who, Star Trek Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek Voyager. I liked comedies like 3rd Rock from the Sun. That show was hilarious.

As for movies, I enjoyed Alien with Sigourney Weaver, one of my fav actresses.

1 Like

Oooooh yeah I’m reaaaal old👴 haha, my favorites as a kid were the Japanese monster shows, like “Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot” and “Ultraman”, my special fave, crazy-ass monsters and OF COURSE he always won the day, even occasionally with a ethics lesson, like do I kill these millions of tiny aliens before they reconstruct? OF COURSE!! Great stuff for little kids.

MV5BZDY2ZDVkNjEtZjI2OC00Y2ViLWJmY2ItYjVmZWNjMWJlZWI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc2Nzg5OTQ@.V1

1 Like

That looks like a good movie…The Never Ending Story!

1 Like

One of the movies that I like from the Disney channel was “Swiss Family Roborsin”. I liked Superman 1 as a kid, with Christifer Reeves.

;

I liked rugrats too, @ThePickinSkunk

Movie? I liked titanic

1 Like