What’s your favorite prn for breakthrough symptoms?

@anon39736208 , I’m so sorry you have 2 major mental illness to contend with. That seems so hard.

My dr just prescribed me 100 mg of hydroxyzine for sleep. I slept for 5 hours last night after taking it for the first time. I hope I get better sleep as I keep taking my new meds. I start a higher dose of Invega tomorrow. It’ll be 9 mg instead of 6. I wonder if hydroxyzine would work as a prn too. I’ll ask my dr.

That’s very interesting @everhopeful

1 Like

I take hydroxyzine as a prn and at night to sleep

I’ve taken haldol and perphenazine as a prn before as well in the past

1 Like

What dose did you take as a prn? What dose did you take for sleep?

1 Like

I take 50mgs for both I think (my medicine is handled by my mental health team so I’m not entirely sure about the amount)

I’m pretty sure I could take 50 mgs 3X a day if I needed to

There’s also been times I took two 50 mg hydroxyzines at once and that really helped me for sleep

1 Like

I think anything over 50 as a prn would be too sedating for me, but 50-100 for sleep works well of hydroxyzine

1 Like

Thanks for the info @TheStrange

1 Like

Idk, it depends on how I’m feeling. Sometimes girl on girl is good or for that special occasion, midgets work.

2 Likes

LMAO! Hilarious!

1 Like

If I were having tachycardia I’d ask for a different prn @irrelevant . Does your pdoc listen to you when it comes to side effects? They should have taken that away from you as soon as you reported it

She was really good. But she moved away and my clinic hasn’t replaced her yet. Its a shitty med system and i will be without one for at least 6 months. There is one psych left there but she wouldn’t see me because i take haloperidol and she told my doctor she wont prescribe haloperidol because she believes it is “cruel”.

1 Like

Wow. That sucks. I hope you get someone good next. They’re being very unhelpful really. Haldol doesn’t do that to everyone. I was taking 15 mg pills with no side effects, and then switched to 100mg shots. It just didn’t control my symptoms. That’s why I’m now on Haldol

1 Like

Exactly @CoCo I have zero side effects except restlessness if i take too much. But i had way more side effects with the new drugs. So not my lose. I wouldnt want a doctor that closed minded anyway.

1 Like

Well said. Me neither.

1 Like

Realizing there is nothing wrong with having a different understanding of the world compared to most is the best medicine. There are advantages to schizophrenia and finding them has helped my recovery.

1 Like

Low dose olanzapine/quetiapine will work best. The sedating antipsychotics

2 Likes

I only have 5mg PRN Diazepam

Been on a few others, but it seems ok

1 Like

I think while I was taking latuda I tried propranolol as a prn. I would get anxious sometimes after taking latuda and they said I could try some propranolol. I sometimes get positives at night still but the clozapine puts me to sleep thankfully.

1 Like

Zyprexa. I have a 10 mg wafer prn

1 Like

Just a couple of 25mg Quetiapine. I take 300mg at night anyway.

Got packets of them. Which is handy when im to paranoid to visit the chemist lol. I always keep a good stock, even though im not supposed to.

No chance of any hint of benzos - cos off the long running problem with the beer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like