What Music Were You Raised On?

Some German folk type of music. Then we came to England. But didn’t listen to radio and we didn’t allow TV. So nothing. As usual.

2 Likes

Red hot chilli peppers & linkin park!

2 Likes

That’s sad. Music was required in my house. I remember being 9 years old singing in the Fifth Quarter lounge on stage with my dad. My dad owns 2 guitars and he sings all the time even in the grocery store. My maternal grandfather was a drummer in a band I think in the 1940s.

2 Likes

I was raised on 70s soft rock popular music then Classic rock.

1 Like

Yep. Oh and roby duke lol

2 Likes

I liked the song fired up by petra.

And this song called Sundays child by phil keaggy was my brothers favorite

We wore out those tapes :smile:

2 Likes

Have you ever seen Carman live? I went to a concert in 1995. It was amazing!

2 Likes

I saw dctalk with my dad. That’s was cool I was quite young.

Wow is nice to listen to phil keaggy I looked him up. Old old memories of listening to this tape in my parents living room in our 2nd house

2 Likes

I started with what my father played which was bluegrass and country. My grandparents played Al Hirt, Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, and my brother ran across the Simon/Garfunkel Greatest Hits album. We were also exposed to some classical. We also heard popular music of the 70’s on the radio. Then my parents divorced and my step-brother introduced us to some AC/DC, Leonard Skinard, and a little Iron Maiden. Then MTV came along and I was addicted to that. As teenagers my twin and I listened to Genesis, and some other 80’s bands. My other brother played Van Halen, and metal bands by that time. Then in college I listened to Linda Ronstadt, and classical while staying with my father, and my college roommate introduced me to jazz.

1 Like

Classical and opera.

1 Like

Ooh this one too. Classic 80s christian metal. Even some harmonic minor chords goin on here.

1 Like

Thats why you lurve my music links.

2 Likes

In the car with parents I was forced to listen to country music. When I could make up my mind I chose rock and heavy metal. I was a very angry kid…inside.

2 Likes

From 0-11 y.o. arabic music only as I was in my natal country.

1 Like

But I don’t. I protest the torture. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Toby Mac’s (from DCTalk) son Truett died of a drug OD

1 Like

ah that is unfortanate

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.