What is the worst country to be a schizophrenia suffferer in?

Its a much bigger problem in 3rd world countries. In the west you can get free disability money and cheap disability housing. In poor countries if you don’t have a family with money you will end up in the streets. Overall maybe its the same.

There’s more help here in the US but people who find out your diagnosis can be very cruel.

Many think that your value in society hinges on wether you work. We (schizophrenics) have 85% unemployment. It’s not about your ability or inability to work. That’s what discrimination means.

People don’t know what you do or don’t have limiting you but they will judge you for not working just the same. Maybe that’s why so many resort to lieing there azzes off.

What really gets me is people who apparently have had near ideal circumstances with the disease but judge others without their advantages.

I have literally had a guy that worked as a guardian criticize me because I only worked for four months, three full time but couldn’t get a permanent job. I couldn’t even use my time at Goodwill as a work reference.

It’s hard for me to believe anyone doesn’t see the discrimination, or thinks we get half a fair shake.
Personally, I don’t need their approval.
But when I suceed at freelance web design, I’ll have people in my life that do matter.

Let’s put this in perspective. Former superstar point guard and very good free throw shooter John Stockton basically missed a free throw for every schizophrenic that got hired.

The stigma in 3rd world countries is much worse. They see you as evil and possessed. My natal country was like that when I left it.

2 Likes

Where did all these people come from?

Who are you talking about?

i wish they understood more about these disese.they got mental issue themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.